cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a details table where there is particular date field which is automatically displayed as plain text. The user can edit these records by selecting the line item. The date value should be given in the Date Picker for the user to change the values if needed.

The format in which the date field displayed as text in the table is YYYYMMDD (20101021). I need to display this field in the date format as DD.MM.YYYY. I tried using the formula something like this

DATE(MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,1,4),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,5,2),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,7,2)) - This will give the year, month and date fields separately.

Only DSTR has the option of providing the format in the date function so I tried something like DSTR(DATE(MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,1,4),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,5,2),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,7,2)) ,"DD.MM.YYYY")

It throws me a error Expected date value/expression. Can someone help me out here? I need to convert in this date format and show it in the date picker.

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the problem by playing around with the formula editor.

Thanks.