Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP adapter should send file as binary attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we user XI 3.0 and want to implement the following scenario:

- FTP adapter has to read binary files (*.tif and *.xls)

- Receiver adapter is an ABAP proxy

We want to get the file content as attachment to the message or as binary string in the payload. Is it possible? I Think the FTP adapter can only handle the file content over as complete message payload and not as an attachment. File content conversion is not possible because we read non textual files. Do any adpater modules exist that could swap the payload to attachment? In my point of view the PayloadSwapBean can only handle the other way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I solved the problem with implementing a java-mapping, that encodes the whole inputstream to a base64-string and after that creates a structured xml-message. This message can processed by the abap-proxy correctly.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

File content conversion is not possible because we read non textual files.

Give the message protocol as 'File' instead of FCC and the file adapter can pick any binary file.

Check the 'Binary File' option in channel configuration.

How you handle the incoming non textual binary file depends on your requirement.When you say ABAP proxy at receiver end, what will it do with the tif or .xls file?

The following example shows how to pick a binary file and send it as attachment in mail-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c5...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

with the file adapter in NFS mode it is easy to attach one file as payload and further files as attachment.

But as I stated above we use the FTP mode (and we have no NFS server!). The binary file is read by the adapter and assigned to the message as main payload. The proxy inbound handling is not able to parse the payload because it will see it as application/xml.

I'm looking for one of the following solutions:

1) swap the content of the main payload to an attachment. This can be processed at the proxy

2) perhaps it is possible to change the mime type of the main payload to reflect the xls or tif content with the MessageTransformBean. But what has to be done at the proxy inbound side?

Best regards,

Daniel