cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ValueHelp Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is on Webdynpro java. I am using NWDS7.0.

To create a new record in R3. I have created 3 value helps (EVS) which fetch data from bapi. i have used 3 input fields. i have successfully created the data in R3. but the problem what i am facing is, when i close the window for creating the record and again open the window, the previous values from the bapi stay as it is in the value help button which i dont want. how can i refresh them. i have even invalidated the node where i store the value help attributes but of no use. (FYI: the requirement is such that 2nd input field value_help values comes only after selecting the 1st input fields valule_help and pressing enter by the user and 3rd input field value_help values comes only after selecting the 2nd value_help input field value). when i refresh the browser, the problem is resolved but the client does not need this. Any help from the webdynpro techies is highly appreciated.

Thanks

-Suman

Edited by: javasapsuman on Oct 21, 2010 3:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you have used a Node to bind the value to the EVS. Try using a context attribute to bind to the EVS value property. Then it will automatically clear the value once u close the window.

Do let me know if you face any problems.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojitha,

Thanks for quick reply. it does not matter whether an attribute or a node. At code level the value_help values are getting refreshed but at page level they are in the cache. so what i did was after writing this line of code

IModifiableSimpleValueSet vhm1 = vhsimp1.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

i checked for the nullity of the values in vhm1. if values exists i cleared them using vhm1.clear() method. And my issue of page cache is also solved.

Thanks in advance poojitha...

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops sorry my issue is solved Poojith.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if this is resolved, can you please close the thread?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)