cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Custom Attribute List of Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Is there a way I can get the list of values from a 'list' or 'radio button' custom attribute. Even if it's the string with | seperators, I can parse it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The intent is to gather this information programatically either through a MII transaction or javascript on an IRPT page.

I would like to allow the user to change this value either through an iBrowser or HTML option tag, but I need the list of values to populate the drop down lists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

Based on your role, you can get the value of a custom attribute in IRPT page.

You can use "Applet.getPropertyValue(AttributeName)" method to get the value.

But, I am not sure - how to get all the possible values of a custom attribute and display in a drop down.

The possible solutions would be

1. Use some external XML properties file and fetch the values from these files.

2. Use small table in a database & fetch these values or

3, If the values are small in numbers, you can hard code these values.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

Good to see you on the forum.

I recommend you create an XML file that uses the SAP MII Format to store your list values, and then do an XML Query against it. Or, perhaps create your own database table to hold these values.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jasper,

you can export the complete Custom Attributes XML using the "System Management > Configuration" screen. One select the Custom Attribute checkbox. The values are then exported to file xmiibackup.xml.

What do you need this for?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

of 1 list?

go to Custom Attributes and copy the value. Or you mean all list / radio buttons?