cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing SAP Web AS - (Sneak Preview Edition)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am coming across this frustrating problem when I attempt to install SAP Web AS - J2EE System.

I am:

-logged in as the local Administrator on a Windows 2000 server (SP4)

-I have installed SQL 2000 Server Enterprise

-I have patched SQL to 3A

-I have installed the Microsoft QFE

-I have installed the corrected Collation.

Towards the beginning of the installation; the install stops with the error:

<b>ERROR 2004-10-21 17:43:17

MOS-01011 'F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\exe/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.</b>

The sapstartsrv.exe.log is completely empty after I stop the installation.

The sapinst.log contains:

<i>INFO 2004-10-21 17:39:59

Switched to user: j2eadm.

INFO 2004-10-21 17:39:59

Creating file F:\Sapinst\sapstartsrv.exe.log.

INFO 2004-10-21 17:39:59

Output of F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\exe/sapstartsrv.exe '-r' '-q' '-p' 'F:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\START_JC00_wbntcx50' '-s' 'J2E' '-n' '00' '-U' 'wbntcx50\SAPServiceJ2E' '-P' 'XXXXXXXX' '-e' 'wbntcx50\j2eadm' is written to the logfile sapstartsrv.exe.log.

WARNING 2004-10-21 17:43:17

Execution of the command "F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\exe/sapstartsrv.exe '-r' '-q' '-p' 'F:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\START_JC00_wbntcx50' '-s' 'J2E' '-n' '00' '-U' 'wbntcx50\SAPServiceJ2E' '-P' 'XXXXXXXX' '-e' 'wbntcx50\j2eadm'" finished with return code -1. Output:

T

• Transaction begin ********************************************************

ERROR 2004-10-21 17:43:17

MOS-01011 'F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\exe/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.

• Transaction end **********************************************************

WARNING 2004-10-21 17:51:52

Installation canceled by user request.</i>

Has anyone seen this problem or have an idea of what is causing it?

I have already:

-Uninstalled / Re-installed the SAP Web AS

-Uninstalled / Re-installed SQL Server

-Re-installed SP4 on the Windows OS

-Searched for notes related to this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN start --> all programs --> administrative tools --> local security policy --> local policies --> user rights assignement you should check deny log on locally and deny log as a service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

could u provide tips for installing SAP WAS 4.6B with Oracle 8 on Windows 2003 Server

waiting for help...

Thanking in advance..

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing the same product but when prompted for the Java System > OS User Passwords. I enter admin for both input boxes,

however, I get an error that the password is not correct and I am prompted to enter correct paswords. However those are the ones supplied with setup manual.

This is urgent, every SAP Installation product I am installing is not working, and I am running out of time for this deliverable.

Thanks

Faisal

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You need to check the policy for passwords on the computer that you are performing the installation on.

My computer policy required 7 character minimum password therefore admin would not work, instead try admin123 or simmilar. Note, use the same passwords throughout the install otherwise post install you will have trouble remembering which passwords are for what.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks I solved the password problem differently , after I had tried using different passwords in vain, I selected the second installation option other than "Local Install". Then I unistalled, then reinstalled with "Local Installation" option that prompted me for new passwords.

The installation was almost 98% complete, but jcontrol.exe could not start up, I have already logged that error here, so I unistalled and now trying hard to rinstall, but some how MAXDB is stuck in my registry, I have tried to remove it using Contrl Panel -> Add Remove programs in vain, I deleted SAPDB from the hard drive, I went to the Local Machine in the regedit32.exe tried to remove anything to do with SAP because I could not see anything else to do with MAXDB or Xserver but I am still getting the error:-

INFO 2004-12-03 10:13:43

Copying directory C:/Netweaver/Portal PAM/SP9/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS to: C:/SneakPreview/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS.

Copying file C:/Netweaver/Portal PAM/SP9/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS/DBM75.exe to: C:/SneakPreview/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS.

Copying file C:/Netweaver/Portal PAM/SP9/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS/DBM75.exe to: C:/SneakPreview/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS.

Creating file C:\SneakPreview\MaxDB\NT\SETUPS\DBM75.exe.

INFO 2004-12-03 10:13:46

Copying file C:/Netweaver/Portal PAM/SP9/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS/SQLSTD75.exe to: C:/SneakPreview/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS.

Copying file C:/Netweaver/Portal PAM/SP9/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS/SQLSTD75.exe to: C:/SneakPreview/MaxDB/NT/SETUPS.

Creating file C:\SneakPreview\MaxDB\NT\SETUPS\SQLSTD75.exe.

ERROR 2004-12-03 10:13:54

MDB-070021 Registry information for database software found in system but the software check failed. The software was not properly removed or installed incorrectly.

WARNING 2004-12-03 10:13:54

The step Validate_Sapdb_System with step key J2EE_EngineEnterprise_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EE_Engine_SAPDB_Client|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPDB_DB_SOFTWARE|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|Validate_Sapdb_System was executed with status ERROR.

It is a very frustrating installation/uninstallation process.

Thank

Faisal

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

In some cases depending on the performance of the hardware the engine takes a little longer to start. When this error occurs please don't cancel but give it a little time and hit retry on the sapinst dialog box. Then it should work fine

Regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately it does not appear to work in my case.

I waited 15 minutes and received the error, then waited an additional 30 minutes and still had no luck.

Please advise.

Thank you!

~Henry Ortiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I have successyfully installed the Sneek preview,

Please try to reinstall the complete step with SQl Server Developer Edition instead of Enterprise.

Second don't stall MS SQL QBE.

Third watch installtion log window, MMC for SAP server 0 and installation gui continously if u see it is tating time while self starting J2ee server. Start manually from mmc.

This installation is recommended for 2GB ram but have atleast 750 mb ram and 700mb paging memory.

I believe you will be able to successfully install the software.

Anand Verma