cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to Flat file scenario - abap mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do some IDOC to Flat file scenarios. In Order to generate the file in required format I will have to add all segments(Nodes) of Idoc in FCC receiver. We also have other option of doing it through ABAP Mapping which I found in one blog.

Now my question is : Is it better way of doing it through FCC or ABAP Mapping?

Ofcourse from development point of view ABAP Mapping looks easier as FCC is very time consuming task.

Is there and performance issues in either of the approach?

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably an irrelevant answer, since you did already the research, but the comment will have to add all segments(Nodes) of IDoc sounds so much like you're dealing with a SAP standard IDoc file format (in custom formats/applications it's rather uncommon to require all IDoc segments).

So, if you require a standardized SAP IDoc flat file output and you're lucky enough to be on PI 7.1 EHP1 you can use the module [IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/74/a45bc07e2043fb9b63295229178903/frameset.htm] (as an alternative to the file port suggested by the previous poster). For further details check out [William Li's excellent blog on conversion of IDoc messages between XML and flat file|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13743] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ and Harald,

Thanks for your replies.

I am not having PI7.1 however the given blog was very informative.

I will try using file port approach as suggested.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on how many segements of the IDOC you want to write in to the file. If you planning to dump the whole IDOC to file, that is huge task. Did you try writing the IDOC directly to a file server using the file port instead of the LS port on ECC?

VJ