cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of using E1EDL18-QUALF: PID for DELVRY05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to use an external number as the inbound delivery number when it is created in SAP via IDOC using basic type DELVRY05 with process code DELS.

I'm looking at the possibility of using the QUALF field under segment E1EDL18 to have the value of PID.

I read in the SAP Help repository that it is possible for Shipments to be created with an external number by using SHPMNT03 with E1EDT18-QUALF: PID and E1EDT18-PARAM: TKNUM and the process code will then take the value of TKNUM to use it as the shipment number when the shipment is created.

I was wondering if the same logic can be used for DELVRY05? If so, what would the value of PARAM be? I have tried using VBELN but it doesn't seem to work.

If you have any suggestion as well for how to be able to use an external tracking number to be the delivery number of the inbound delivery that would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan

Try this:

E1EDL18-QUALF=REP

and then

provide the number in E1EDL20-VBELN.

Also try

E1EDL18-QUALF=REP

and then

provide the number in E1EDL20-LIFEX.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

I am inspired by the following OSS notes while providing this idea:

171429 - External ID LIFEX in inbound shipping notification

1271934 - Shipment IDOC ASN with LIFEX with more then 10 digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

thanks so much for your response.

I tried REP as the value of QUALF, kept PARAM blank and put the external number (which is still within external number range for EL) under VBELN and tried with LIFEX as well. But didn't seem to work. I tried placing VBELN and LIFEX on PARAM as well while keeping QUALF with REP value and still the internal number range was used.

If you have any more suggestions as to how to use an external tracking number to create the inbound delivery number in SAP via IDOC please let me know. Thanks!

Answers (0)