cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User measurment in CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this issue I don't get. I'v setup a CUA in a seperate client on our solution manager <SOL> where I hooked up our BI system. So far so good. If I do a user measurement in USMM in that CUA client then I only see the local users but not the users for the BI system. If I do a user measurment in the BI system and export a LAW file and imports that in SLAW ( License Administration Workbench ) in our default monitoring client on the solution manager, I get the message "Could not load measurment file for system <SOL>".

So in the exported LAW file of the BI system there is a description that the users recide on the solution manager seperate CUA client but somehow can't read or connect to it. For some reason getting the info via RFC within SLAW is not working correctly as it takes for ages to for instance test the connection or collecting and transfe, however the RFC connection is working properly in SM59.

Other systems without CUA I can import and combine without problems in SLAW

What am I doing wrong here.

Kind regards

Patrick van Alphen

Edited by: P. van Alphen on Oct 21, 2010 12:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears to be the code page settings in SAPGUI that caused the issue. I set it to utf-8 and the problem was solved.

0 Kudos

Hello Alphen,

Could you let me know where you set this configuration into SAPGui ?

Im facing the message "Could not load measurment file for system" issue

Thank you,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In USMM go to menu "System Measurement - Export to LAW file". In the screen that follows choose in "Data Transfer Selection" section "By Download to a File" and hit F8 (Execute) . Now a save dialog appears. You can choose the filename/type and also encoding. I choose Unicode(UTF8) but Western Europe (Windows) also worked for me.

The exported file I could import in the License Administration Workbench without issue.