cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a MACRO in dev system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Experts,

I have a macro in development (DEV) system which is transported to the production ( PROD). Someone has changed it in dev so its has stopped working in DEV, but works perfectly in PROD. I am not able to find who / what has been changed in the macro.

I have restore the macro to its original state so it works fine, Is there a standard way of restoring the macro back to its old state.

Any kind of leads are welcome..

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Vasudevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vasudevan

It is possible to find who and when has some one has changed the macro book. But it is functionally not possible to find out which macro and what has been changed. I am not sure if you can do that if switch you trace in the back ground to track the accessed transactions. You may check with the BASIS team.

It is a general practice that test or quality systems are refreshed with the production system frequently. That is the only time that we are able to restore back all the changes in the test/quality system.

If you follow the practice of refreshing your development system with the production system, then your macro in the development system will reflect that present in the production system.

Rgds, Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan

If you look in the /n/sapapo/advm the last changed by and changed on columns will indicate when and who changed the macros in the macro book.

Coming to your next question, there are two ways of restoring the macro in the macro book

a) Go to the macro book and in the menu options choose version >> version management . Whenever you make changes to the macro book the old version of the macro book is automatically saved and the new version becomes the active version. All you have to do is find out the version that has the macro in the format you need and make it the active version by clicking on retrieve. If there are several versions that are saved then you may to find the version that you need by trial and error

b) The other way is to backmigrate the macro book from production to development. You can use transport of copies and backmigrate the book to development and your problem will be solved. You can take help from basis team to do the same.

Thanks

Aparna