cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two data services, one table refresh screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have one table and two data services with the same structure like a table. How to put datas from exectly one data service to this table depends on which button I push to start in concrete data service input form? Table object has only one input port. Ive tried with additional operators but it hasnt worked correctly.

I want to display data from one of two data service depends from the button which ive pushed.

Thanks for help.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks,

I have only one question yet... how to store the value in the field of data store? you mean value in field configure tab??

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double click on the link between the input form and the data store, there on the right hand side hard code the values.. for the link with ACN1 hardcode it as "TAB1" and for the link with ACN2 hardcode it as "TAB2".

Regards,

Rk.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all! I ve done it. Max for you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You wrote, that I have to put two data services, connect it with one input form, and what next? You wrote to create two tables and connect it with one data service. it means that summary I have 4 tables in iview (2 connected with one DS1 and second twos with another DS2?). next question is you wrote to create one data store and connect it with input form, and next that i have to sure if data store has two connections... how, couse I have created only one data store??

Please describe me it clearly please:)

Thanks for it!

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You wrote, that I have to put two data services, connect it with one input form, and what next?

<so you have followed above steps right.>

You wrote to create two tables and connect it with one data service. it means that summary I have 4 tables in iview (2 connected with one DS1 and second twos with another DS2?).

<No you will not have 4 tables, you will have only two tables one connected with DS1 and the other with DS2>

next question is you wrote to create one data store and connect it with input form, and next that i have to sure if data store has two connections... how, couse I have created only one data store??

<for this question: you can create any number of data stores in one iview and each data store will be same as the previous one.. so even if you create an extra data store it will be treated as one only and you need not add the field inside it again.

2. for a single data store you can connect any number of connections i.e. you create more than one connections between a data store and the output port of the input form>

try it and let me know if this works.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood your problem correctly, you have two data services with a common input form with two button in it one for each data service, and you want to have the output of either of these data services in a single table based on the button you clicked.

To solve your problem you can create the model as explained below:

1. drag both data services(say DS1 and DS2) and connect the input port of these data services to a common input form with two buttons(say BTN1 and BTN2). i think you have already created these things in your current model. it will be better if you create custom actions for each button (say ACN1 and ACN2).

2. now instead of one table create two tables (say TAB1 and TAB2) each connected to one data service.

3. create a data store and connect it to the output port of the input form and then add a field called "Table to Display", make sure you have two connections between the input form and the data store.

4. for first connection between input form and data store select the event as ACN1, and store the value as "TAB1" in the field "Tabel to Display" for this link(i.e. whenever you click the BTN1 it will trigger the action ACN1 and TAB1 will be stored in the "Table to Display" field of Data store).

5. you need to do the same thing for the second connection between data store and input form but this with other set of action and value i.e. ACN2 and TAB2.

6. now go to the visibility condition of each table and write a formula such that table 1 will be displayed only when the value of "Table to Display" is TAB1. similarly table 2 should be displayed only when the value of "Table to Display" is TAB2.

This will solve your problem.

let me know if you face any problems with this approach.

Regards,

Rk.