Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 7.0 security model & accessebility of data at table level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Experts,

Firstly i am new to this topic 'CRM 7.0 security model' and i want following information from you, my simple requirement of my on going project.

1. what are different types of roles in CRM 7.0 system and how to define those roles & which table all the role information is stored in CRM 7.0 ABAP & Java stack installled system.

2. How are the ABAP & JAVA roles are different from each other in CRM 7.0 system.

3. How to define portal roles in CRM 7.0 & which table or storage location these portal roles data are stored & is there any way we can extract them from CRM system, if any webservice or any mean this can be achieved?

Basically i am interested in users/roles/authorization data in CRM 7.0 for both ABAP & JAVA stack system. please help me achieving this requirement.

Thanks,

Digamber.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digamber,

For an overview of the changes in CRM 7.0, visit the following link:

http://www.sap.com/germany/solutions/business-suite/crm/SAP_CRM7_Highlights.pdf

In respect to Security model, CRM 7.0 is a bit different, where a lot of functionality is executed via BSPs that are run on a browser. However, the authorizations should be still need to assign in the the backend.

For CRM specific security guides, I recommend you visit the SAP link - http://service.sap.com/security

In the left pane hierarchy, go to 'Security Guides'. Scroll down to find the CRM section and download the required guides.

Also, further there are new concepts like WEBCLIENT UI (an extra authorization layer, which is UI COMPONENT LEVEL and logical links. (Controlled by object UIU_COMP)). Standard authorization setup in the new WEBUI client is now controlled by both backend authorizations and the UIU_COMP. That means even if the user has SAP_ALL access, he will not able to perform any actions.

Hope this provides some light!!

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

appriciate your help, May i know what if CRM system is on JAVA stack , how is the security different from ABAP stack here and where can i get more information on where these security data stored in CRM system with java stack. how to create custom security level and how it is assigned to user.

If you could guide me on this or any information will be useful..

Thanks,

Digamber.