cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT record length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can I set a fixed record length for certain outbound EDIFACT messages? The receiving system is an AS400 system which requires all inbound EDIFACT files to have a fixed record length of either 80 or 200 charcaters.

Is there a possibility to set a fixed record length either in the BIC or the SAP XI module parameters?

Thanks and regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean fixing the length of one entire Item?

I think you only have option to manage the field lengths. You may just specify the length on the fields of your record. If you don't follow this, then how are you planning to trim the record? If your record contain say 250 characters, how will you ensure that last characters are not the important ones?

I hope I got your problem correctly

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

I'm talking about a line break after a predefined amount of characters. The AS400 system requires all files to be formatted in that way.

For my scenario I require a line break after 80 characters, the following example contains a line break after only 6 characters:

The last row may contain less characters then 6.

Now I know that within the Seeburger BIC mapping - target options, I can set the NewLine parameter, or within the XI module configuration there are certain keys and parameters which may be used, but non of them fits my requirement.

Would you have any idea or suggestion?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michael,

Hope you had now some experience in Seeburger BIC.

I done my Inhouse conversion mapping. Mapping is fine. But the output doesnt exists line by line.

How to attain this?

I need every segment should appear in newline. I need to set newline for inhouse mapping.

How to set?

Please provide me the suitable steps.

Thanks

Amarnath M

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

In Module Configuration give newLine to true.

So that you will get the Output as line by lne.