cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate between a Zero & blank value in DP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Folks,

I need to differentiate between a keyfigure value zero value '0' & blank value. Can you please let me know the possibilities of how to achieve this.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Vasudevan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan

if you are using SCM 4.1 or below, that version does not differentiate between blank or zero values. SCM 5.0 and above differentiates between zero or blank. So can you mention which version are you on and what is the exact requirement, so that we can assist better?

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the response.

The system we have is SCM 5.1. The requirement is we have few key figures where the possibility of values are Zero & they can be blank. Now when have the values as zero & open the planning book, I can see the cell as blank (where the values was zero), its also blank its actually blank.

When I open a planning book, I need to see a demarcation (either the cell in different colour or marked different) where the values where zero.

I hope that I have communicated teh requirement.

Regards,

Vasudevan

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasudevan

You have to write a default macro and use the function CELL_BG() to mark the column in a different colour if the value of is blank. From your post i understand that you have a way to identify which buckets should have blank value and which other buckets should have 0 value.

In your default macro you have to add logic to determine if the value of the key figure should be " " and if so set the colour of that bucket to say yellow . on the other hand if the value of the k.f should be 0 then you can leave the cell background unchanged or set it to some other colour

Thanks

Aparna