cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Manual Required pricing condition ZX99 in procedure ZXXXXX.

When i create credit memo standalone,i get a message "Priicng error: Mandatory condition ZX99 is missing". User enters ZX99 & base price ZX01 (determined) is ignored.

When i create credit memo with reference to an invoice,i am not able to acheive this. No pricing error is reported & net value calculated based on base price ZX01 which is the issue.

Request you valuable inputs to solve this.

Thanks

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

"The issue is that while creating Standalone Credit memo, system is giving error & while creating with reference to Invoice it is not giving error"

This is SAP Standard behaviour as whenever you create a Credit / Debit Memo with reference to Invoice, system copies the Invoice Pricing Procedure & DOES NOT redetermine it. Thus while creating Credit memo with reference to Invoice, you are not getting this error.

This solution to this problem is applying Data Transfer Routine - 053 in Copy Controls. This is explained in my earlier post & its link is as below:

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh.

Maintaining Data Transfer routine 53 in the copy controls header able to solve the issue.

I have another kind of issue may be falls in similar lines. Request your inputs to acheive below scenario.

We have a requirement where user needs to default Material Tax Classification to 'M' for all the items in the return document types.Once the value is updated with M the corresponding new MWST value should be pulled.

We have hard coded Material tax calssification to M in the Sales order user exit MV45AFZZ for Return document types. It is determining M & new MWST when return document is created without any reference.

When i create Returns document with reference it is not working.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Thank you for the appreciation.

For your issue in updating Tax Classification to "M" the solution would be to include the same in the user Exit MV45AFZZ

Ask your ABAPer to write a code to overwrite the Tax Classification indicator to "M" for Returns documents created with Reference.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

ABAP has written the code in MV45AFZZ to default Material Tax classification to M.

But the issue i am facing , the copy control settings are overriding the defaulted tax classification.

I have asked to code in the USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT so that the material tax classification can be defaulted to M at the time of saving.

Now the challenge is the pricing conditions are not redetermined after the above event.So, eventhough i have the material tax classification defaulted to M, i dont have the correct tax value. Pricing needs to be updated to have it determined.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Copy Control between Invoice - Credit memo @ item level.

maintain pricing type: B - Carry out new pricing & test the credit memo cycle.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but still its not working.

one more observation i had is the pricing procedure is copied from the reference invoice and not determined.

pricing procedure referenced is different to the pricing procedure determined while creating standalone credit memo.

please advice.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both have different pricing procedures & Credit memo created wrt: Invoice , then system will copy the source doc pricing procedure into target doc.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry..i couldn't get you.

I need to have pricing error Manual required condition ZX99 missing in both the cases....credit memo with ref or standalone credit memo.

when i create credit memo standalone, pricing procedure Z000001 is determined based on Sales area/Cu.P.P/Do.P.P.

Condition type ZX99 in Z000001 is maintained as Manual Required condition. Hence i get the error while creating.

when i create w.r.t Invoice, pricing procedure is copied from previous doc as you said & i have Z000002 in my credit memo.Condition type ZX99 in Z000002 is Manual condition. Hence i am not getting the error. If i maintain ZX99 in Z000002 as Manual required condition then i will have issues because in Invoice i dont want to have ZX99.

Please advice.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramsad

Pricing procedure determined by configuration and determined during copying are different and that may be the reason.

When you are creating the credit memo with reference to the invoice, the pricing procedure is copied from invoice and the values are also copied from the invoice. Because of this it is not giving the pricing error.

However if you create the credit memo request stand alone, the error message will come up in case ZX99 is not filled.

So, while creating credit memo request with reference to the invoice, you have to get into the pricing screen and remove the unnecessary pricing conditions and then include the condition type with the value you need. The pricing procedure getting copied from the invoice is expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details.

Presently they are doing manually, adding the required conditions & henceforth. But in some cases they save & create corresponding credit note where the posting error occurs & they come to know missing of ZX99 in credit memo request.

Instead of this they want to have similar error like message while creation of credit memo itself as in the case of standalone creation.

Is there any other way to acheive this?

Thanks

Rama