cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost relevancy indicator for Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS colleagues,

When we assign a material to activity then cost relevancy indicator is ticked by default. If we now go to costing plan(CJ40), the material cost is shown in planned cost. As I am using manual cost planning, I don't want the material cost to be shown in CJ40. So I have to uncheck the 'cost relevancy indicator' for each material. Is there any setting that 'cost relevancy indicator' is not ticked by default?

Regards,

Peng

Edited by: prc_peng on Oct 21, 2010 9:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to manually untick the cost relevancy indicator. If it is a bulk material (bulk material check box will be ticked) then cost relevancy will be taken off automatically by system. This is the only automatic way of removing tick in cost relevancy indicator.

However there is a exit on material component to remove tick automatically (we developed it long back to remove the tick). But you should have certain characteristics lets say special item category or any other to trigger the exit and remove the tick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone. I think the only way is user exit.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using BOM transfer, then create a BOM with a BOM usage which has costing relevancey "not allowed" or negative sign. So, by default all the materials which is included in the BOM will not have costing relevancy indicator ticked and same will be assigned if you transfer this BOM to PS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide us more info on what type of materials they are ? Are you doing advance planning for these materials?

Also do you want the costing relevancy to be unchecked all thru' out or only for a certain duration of time?

Just for info, assigning a component to a activity whose control key is not costing relevant will not help.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

I assign the finished materials in the activity and I will do the planning by CJ40 for the raw materials and labor hours that are under the finished materials.

If the 'cost relevancy indicator for material' is checked, the material cost for finished materials will be added into CJ40 automatically. Then the planning data will be duplicated. That's why I want it to be unchecked by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A suggestion:

In Activity - Assignment tab you enter the total expected planned values for all required materials for that activity in the field Mat. Planning.

In your cost planning, this value will be seen. At a later date when you actually assign the materials to this activity, the planned values will be offset with the actual values.

Do a test in your sandbox & if acceptable for business, adopt the same in PRD.

Regards,

Vivek

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use an activity with a control key where costing is unticked

assign material to such an activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but it's not working.