cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data from view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

First of all i'm a student, so please bear with my limited knowledge of SAP. I have a problem with reading data form SAP. Here goes:

I want to be able to read data from a view (lets say V_T003O_40) with my .net application. The data as shown in SE16.

I am able to just read a table, using RFC_READ_TABLE, but to my knowledge views are created runtime, so they are not stored in memory and thats why I cannot read them using RFC_READ_TABLE (correct?)

As far as I see it, there are two options:

- Locate what tables and join conditions are used to "Populate" the view. (For V_T003O_40 its 6 tables and about 10 join conditions). Read all tables into application and perform manually join on the 10 conditions.

... bad bad bad solution:(

- Write some ABAP code that calls the transaction SE16, reads the view and returns a table for me to read. Enable RFC for the function

... I have absolutely no ABAP skills, and therefor i hope to get some help from one of you guys.

Have anyone got an idea how I get View data from SAP into .NET application?

By the way, this have to be used for getting configuration data from the IMG, like, the view mentioned above contains data for the "Process order types" of PPPI

Thanks in advance

Kristian Andersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

get an RFC to do the job is a good option.