Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule for Dialog Workprocess Calculation

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have question.

While working on an implementation I have learnt that the standard for Rules of Dialog work process distribution is that it should be equal to = {(total WP/2)+ 1}.

+i.e. Dialog WP={(total WP/2) 1}

Can anybody tell me is this is a SAP standard, and where I may find the documentation for this?

Thanks & Regards

Arya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about the formula which you have given. But, as per my knowledge always the no of dialog wp should be atelast 1 greater than non-dialog wp (BGD, UPD, SPO, ENQ).

i.e, if you are having 7 non-dialog wp then Dialog wp should be atleast minimum 8 or more as per the requirement.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Useful.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Chekc this ...if it is useful..

Note 39412 - How many work processes should be configured? - Version 24

Rgds

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Very very thanks for the info. I have worked accordingly and got very good result. My problem is solved. Thanks again please perdon me for notifying you so late.

Thanks again.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you already aware of WP and their consumtion which depends on HW resources, no of user (dialogue) if you are planning to have multiple instances then you can consider it by doing like this: for CI: No of D.WP average (ex- DIA-12, Other:8), wherein allocate DI1 to maximum no if D.WP and DI2 to have B.WP higher than DI so on. This is just to keep balance between the Dialogue & Background users to have sufficient WP's available. Also you can have OM configured during peak hours etc.,

Regards;