cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate client session with same program id in the gateway monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a single RFC communication channel of type RFC adapter that is used by my XI scenario. The XI channel resisters a program id against the ERP gateway. All parameters, gateway, host, log on name ..etc are correctly specified.

TCP/IP rfc destination in the ERP system is configured for the registered program in the XI system, the test of this

tcp/ip destination passes with no error however no messages make it to the XI system, but using the smgw t-code in the ERP system we noticed two logged on clients sessions running with the same program id specified for the XI communication channel .I think this is what is causing the problems. Why am I getting two clients logged on with the same tp name, what causing it and how can I solve it?

Thanks

Naiem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naiem,

It looks like the RFC destination is created with the same Program ID in both the ERP and PI systems or any other system. If this is the case, please remove it and check if that helps.

Best Regards

Nishwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nishwanth for your response. We only have one RFC destination configured for the program ID. To test and see if there is another RFC channel configured with the same program id, we renamed the program id specified in the rfc channel, we still have two logged on clients on the gateway. We are in the process of checking the queue monitor using t-code SMQ1 .

Thanks

-Naiem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if your PI system has two application servers then you will have two clients logged on to ERP gateway with same program id. Further more if you have configured initial connections in RFC sender adpater as 2. then you can have 2*2 4 connections to that tp. I guess this is normal.

regarding the issue can you trace where the message stuck after triggering from ERP system. in SMQ1 or SM58?

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Francis for your prompt response. My rfc adapter is configured with 1 initial connection. You mentioned that my XI system might be running two app servers, how do I find out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with SM51.

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

How do i know which queue name used by the rfc destination? I used t-code smq1to try to trace.

Thanks

-Naiem