cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign all plants irrespective of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

End user is creating a material from Portal. Now while sending these material to ECC through PI I need to send this material with all the plants extended. Example if I have 80 plants then I need to extend this material for all the 80 plants. How will we achieve this?

One option is we can write the assignment with all the 80 plants hardcoded. So as soon as the material is created then we can assign all the 80 plants. But this is kind of hardcoding. If we want to add any other plant then we need to hardcode that plant in the assignment in DEV and test and transport to QA and then to Prod which we dont want to do.

Another option is to do in PI like take all the plants table in PI Abap stack and we can do a lookup and get all the plants and send to ECC.

I am wondering this is not an unusal requirement. I am trying to extend my material to all the plants irrespectively. How can we achieve this. Please let me know how can we get around with this?

Thanks for all of your time and help.

Cheers,

Korobee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Korobee,

1) assignment with all the 80 plants ?

If you have a single text or lookup field for plant then yes for sure you can write an assignment and assign 80 plants to each material created, but as Rajesh pointed out, if you are using a Standard Content, then you will be using a tuple in which case i dont see a possiblity for writing a Assignment for the tuple.

2) PI :

My suggestion is instead of hardcoding it in PI, you can do it (assign those 80 plants to a material) within portal itself, by doing so you will have that saved in MDM and then it will be syndicated to other systems using PI, but if you do it in PI then that data wont be reflected in MDM you have to do some extra work to get it in MDM.

My suggestion is: Within Portal within you plants tab have all the plants and have them selected by default (as you do it in a shopping cart), and user while creation of material these plants will be selected by default, and you have the option to de-select and add more records to plants as usuall.

I hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Cherry.

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Korobee,

Let me understand first, are you using standard Material Master content, in that case you will have PLant tuple where you can maintain the 80 plants data...

Now another questin is...will all 80 plants data (all fields) will be same...? I doubt hence you cannot hardcode to extend the material just like that...

Let us know the modelling and systems in scope...

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Korobee

Is i know, during material creation process in ERP have been created structure named like "main record of material" (sorry, i don't know correct name for thta structure) and after that material became accessible for all plants into ERP.

Are you create new material record from Portal directly in SAP MDM?

If yes, why you don't use syndicator server for that operation?

When you create new record in MDM you can activate Workflow(WF). And that WF can syndicate that record.

if you want to syndicate your new record to different systems you shoul do next:

For syndication record create and configure outbound port.

Create syndication map and debug that operation.

Create in MDM WF for new record creation event.

In that WF should be next logic: Start ->Syndication->Stop.

Then configure PI(XI) for get file from your outbound port and send it to 80 plants ( directly by using IDOC(BAPI) or by another way)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka