Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return accounting posting error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using ecc 6.0 version.

I have created a sales order in VA01 and deliviry in VL01N. Product quantity was 10 kg. And I have made return of 2 kg. in

VA01 t.c. and VL01N t.c. respectively. I assigned "5598" shipping point in VL01N. When i was making return i used order type "RE" in VA01 t.c. and use "0001" shipping point in VL01N. After posting in these transactions i went on to MB5B t.c. and analyezed my posting. I saw that my stock increase by 2 kg. But when i push on "Fi Documents" it says "no subsequent document found in Accounting. It seems that these transacions did not produce accounting posting. In FBL3N and FBL5N t.c.

i can not see any postings related that return. Would that be any configuration error or something missing?

Can you please tell me what is the problem with t.c. code references?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. What is movement type in MB5B for return material ?

After raising credit memo,customer a/c will be credited and then only it will be reflected in reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MB5B movement type is 651. In OBYC as GBB/PGR i enter g/l account. But no any solutions.

Please help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I learned that there is no any gl uptade in case of customer return with movement type 651. You should use 453 movement type in MB1B t.c. in order to uptade customer and cost of good sold gl accounts.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 things to it.

1. If there is no accounting document for the invoice, it means that there is some configuration missing between the material document and posting document (or invoice document and posting document) and this needs to be looked at. You have to take the help of a MM consultant and FICO consultant to configure the account determination for return delivery/PGR case. Only then the accounting document will be created.

You can manually try to post this material document to accounting to know the error which is preventing the accounting document creation.

The configuration should in the transaction code OBYC.

2.In return invoice case, there will not be any entry in FBL3N or FBL5N because of the invoice. The preexisting values will get reduced by the amount of the return invoice in FBL5N.