cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data servers connection status -stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new to MII application and i am hoping i could get some help form experts here. I am trying to figure out (from basis side) why the connections for couple of data sources are "stopped" status. we are in 12.x version and checked the JDBC drivers ,they all look deployed. Not exactly sure where else to look, ..if anyone could give me some direction for trouble shooting that willl be great.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ

1. First ist to ensure you get the right JDBC - you can search it in Internet; if you are very sure then

2. check if your Connector is IDBC, connector type SQL and the enable is checked and save.

(normally status "stopped" is because the enable is not checked and saved. If status "error" normally configuration error)

3. JDBC driver configuration for SQL 2005/2008 is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (oracle is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)

4. the URL is jdbc:sqlserver://<serverName>:<PortID>;DatabaseName=<DatabaseName> (for both SQL 2005/2008)

and oracle is jdbc:oracle:thin:@<serverName>:<portID>:<DBName>

5. If oracle , in ValidationQuery, leave it blank

6. User Name (should not have /)

Make sure status is running, and then I can show you what you need to do to make sure it is 100% running.

regards

sengkiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In my experience with the status of "Stopped", it usually means the Data Server was not enabled or the incorrect JDBC driver is deployed.

I wanted to clarify the purpose of the Validation Query. The Validation Query is like a scout - when the query is run, the "scout" is sent first, ensuring that the connection is good. If the Validation Query fails, the connection is destroyed and a new connection is created.

The Validation Query is a simple query that has minimal impact, for instance, one that just brings back the current date. For example, with MSSQL you would use something like SELECT GETDATE() or for Oracle SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL.

I recommend you use a Validation Query when it is possible to do so.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate it.

Seng,

I have checked all the things you have mentioned and everything is setup the way you mentioned, and also data server is enabled. However , the status for the dataserver is still "stopped".

Diana,

Yes, i checked te dataserver is enabled, i did this again and saved still no luck. I do have 'select sysdate from dual' under validation query field.

Any other ideas on how i could bring this dataservers in Running status?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ,

What version of Oracle are you using? Which JDBC Driver are you using?

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver is the JDBC driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you know how to use Log viewer?

- first clickt the status of your Data server and then go to log viewer and see what error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seng,

i dont see any option to view log viewer in MII under any menu, are you talking about in NWA or mii itself? please suggest how would i get to that? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to http://<serverName>:<PortNr>/index.html -> SAP NetWeaver Administrator -> Log viewver

again, click on one Data Server status and then go to log viewer.

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Oct 21, 2010 4:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seng,

I checked the log viewer, unfortunately I dont see any errors there related to that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ

it is difficult to solve your problem remotely via forum. I have done many Oracle and MS SQL Database connection and I know MII works pretty well .

So why dont we start from beginning

1. Tell us what is your Oracle (version....) and is this orcle accesible via URL? Ask your oracle Admin. You can also try in cmd telnet <server> portid . if you have access, then the first step ist done

2. 100% sure you got right jdbc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seng,

Thanks again for your time.

1. Tell us what is your Oracle (version....) and is this orcle accesible via URL? Ask your oracle Admin. You can also try in cmd telnet <server> portid . if you have access, then the first step ist done

= Oracle version is 10 g. its running fine, and also i could telnet to it.

2. 100% sure you got right jdbc?

= yes JDBC driver is the right one, this data server used to be running fine before but now in "stopped" status not sure why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was running fine before?

Maybe it would be helpful if you can explain what you have done. Upgrading MII ?

Frankly speaking the steps I mentioned is about all I know in ensuring IDBC runs fine. Maybe is time to seek support from SAP. Open a ticket to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ,

After reading all the posts, I guess you should check the username and password you are using. May be it is expired. Type the user name and password again and save the connection.

Are you able to login with the same credentials in Oracle?

If it doesn't solve the purpose then strat from the scratch and re-create the connection.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kedar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide the version of MII (i.e. 12.1.6 build 44, or similar), version and service package for NW CE, and any other pertinent environment information.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micahel,

its Version 12.0.8 (Build 21). thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ,

Are the databases up and running?

Check the Netweaver Logs, most likely there will be more information to help diagnose the source of the problem.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ,

Here are some tips:

1. Ensure that databases are up and running.

2. In MII Data servers, select an appropriate connector type. Ensure that correct server URL, user name and password are saved.

3. You can go through the below link to configure the server parameters:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/45/50cfd9a74e1794e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

4. Netweaver logs give you the details of failure if any. You can use these logs as well.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kedar