Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering of inbound proxy

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created one Idoc to File scenario. I generated inbound proxy for the inbound interface.

How can i trigger the inbound proxy? When i send the IDoc from the source how will it lead to triggering of inbound proxy?

Regards,

Gajendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Many thanks for the reply. It made things clear.

Just one doubt - While configuring in Integration Directory where do we specify the specific proxy name which needs to be triggered?

Regards,

Gajendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create your receiver agreement you will be giving the MI and the XI adapter to connect. SAP will understand the proxy that needs to be triggered.

Regards

Vijaya

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Many thanks for your reply. Just few more doubts. Incase of server proxies what all configurations do we need to do in the Integration Directory. Those settings are not clear in the weblog.

Regards,

Gajendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps:

1. first you need to connect the application system to the SAP XI system.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

2. Then configure your IR.

3. Create proxy from Transaction SPROXY.

4. In the ID config, for ABAP proxy, configure XI adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

>>>>Incase of server proxies what all configurations do we need to do in the Integration Directory

U have to Create Communication channels for both File and Recever system..(For receiver system use XI adapter and dont forget to mention message protocol to XI3.0 if receivng system is Was 6.40 and Path /sap/xi/engine?type=entry)

And remaining steps Receiver det, Interface det, Receiver Aggr, Sender Agree as usual ...

In Receiving system Create Proxy for INBOUND Interface ...

and do accordingly...

And also do check SXMB_ADM --> Integration Configuration -->Role -- Appl system and Corresponding Int server--http://Host:Port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

and in XISERVER Role -- Integration Server

and Corresponding Int server http://Host:Port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

and also since u r using Proxies u need to use QOS --EOIO in for sending file adapter also u should mention QUEUE name (Register Queue ...http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/d4fa40ee14f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm)

I hope u got an idea... if u further require do reply..

Thanks and regards..

Sridhar

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Consider the case when an external system wants to send some data (in the form of flat files) to SAP system and we want to post the data into SAP.

Now we configured the content in Integration Repository and generated inbound proxy for the same.

How will the inbound proxy be triggered?

Truely speaking my concepts of inbound proxy are not clear.

Regards,

Gajendra.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aaaa:)

so you want a server proxy:)

just have a look at this weblog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

but you can invoke many other things

in the same way( you can use ABAP OO)

call bapi etc in the same way as shown in weblog

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Let us assume u are sending some flat file from legacy system to ur SAP via XI. In this case u wud have configured a sender file adapter. Once this file adpater polls the data and picks up a file, it reaches the XI in xml format. This xml data will be sent to SAP via the receiver channel(Proxy in ur case).

Once u have configured the receiver coomm. channel and ur inbound proxy, the dat flow must occur. The trigger is going to be XML payload in XI server. U dont need any other external triggers in case of inbound proxy.

Hope this bring u some clearity.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I have created one Idoc to File scenario. I generated inbound proxy for the inbound interface.

what for since you already got a communication flow?

(IDOC -> File) ?

>>>>How can i trigger the inbound proxy?

you triger it from by invoking a proxy method

(from report or function module etc)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

>>>> When i send the IDoc from the source how will it lead to triggering of inbound proxy?

when you send the idoc you don't need a proxy

as you already have a good connection

idoc - file

if you wan to use abap proxy you need

select the data youself

or send it all from one of the user exits in IDOC

(but it doesn't make too much sense as you

can send via idoc much easier)

REgards,

michal