cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing two tables side by side on Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have an issue with the smartforms where I want to print two tables side by side inside the main window. We were haveing the customer address and billing address as header windows earlier but then if the address did not have enough lines there used to be a gap after the address and before the start of the main window(line items). To over come this we put the addresses under the main window itself so that it would occupy the required space only and there would be more space for the line items. When I put two tables and tried putting address data in each and tested the form the customer address first printed on left top and then the billing address followed after the customer address finsihed on say 7th line , it did print on right hand side but not parallely against the customer address but adter the left side address got over.

Customer address

line 1

line2

line3

line 4

line5

Billing address

line1

line2

line3

line4

line5

Is there a way to do it so that the addresses comes next to each other rather than like above?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this way:

1st, create a table node with line type has 2 columns (do not use internal table in data tab).

2nd, each column in table line item create a loop node to loop for internal table customer address and internal table billing address.

Please try and reply.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. Well I could have created two header windows and all would have been fine , but the thing is that it was having 2 windows with separate address places for each , but I had to chnage it and put in the main window for some reason. Anyhow I created just one table with one line type and placed the shipt0 address on one half of it and billing on the other half. At least that part was quiet simple. The only problem I am facing now is the shading part.

I need to shade the headings of the address i.e Ship-to Address text and Bill-to Address text and I dont see any option to shade a text inside the table text. Any highlights on it please.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

For shading, Choose your line types of table want to be shaped. Choose shading color and its saturation. Or if you want to shading text, go to output options of text node and set colour, saturation.

Please try and check.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarav,

I have similar requirement. I tried lot of options but can't get to print it to side ways.

the 2nd table is printed after 1st table is done printing.

Can you please let me know how you solved it?

Thanks.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a way out.Make one internal table such that left 5 columns for adress A and gap of 2-3 columns for spacing and another 5 columns for adress B.

Combine both the addresses in this internal table and Print.

I would prefer tohave two separate windows for the same.

Nabheet