Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax on customer master

jasmeetmanik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have situation, in which when i try to create customer for the country IE, for some reason under the Tax field for customer I have two country's defined as below

GB United Kingdom MWUK Output Tax

IE Ireland MWST Output Tax

I am not understanding why and from where its picking GB. As i would have thought only IE should be displayed,

Hope somebody could help!1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the enterprise structure configuration check if any plant with country key GB has been assigned to the sales area for which the customer is being created. Assigning a plant to the salea area makes the country key of the plant reflect under the customer master tax classification.

Regards,

Pratheb

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jasmeetmanik
Participant
0 Kudos

Firstly thaks to you both for your instant reply's

Pratheb- thanks i did try as mentioned by you and it worked.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tax classification view of the customer master is not sales org specific though it appears in the sales org specific data. This view is common for all the tax related purposes and is relevant for all the company codes.

So, if a tax category is linked to a country in FTXP and this condition type is included in the tax procedure of a country, then automatically, the combination of the country and the tax category will be populated in this view. This is in the table KNVI. For this combination, you have to maintain the tax classification when you are getting into the customer master in change mode (the sales area data doesnot really matter. Even if you change the sales area which is not GB, the tax related data for GB will appear in this view as this view alone is not sales area specific but is applicable for entire tax determination)

Hope this helps you. If you have any doubts on this, please let me know.