cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF interface: Error transfering material plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am traying to transfer a material plant across CIF interface. The problem is, when I activate the integration model, it fails. The error message is exactly this: "Location does not exist for external location 1790 , type 1040, and BSG BS"

Any idea what the reson could be?

Many thanks

Aban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aban

Are you trying to transfer a material belonging to plant 1790 from R/3 to APO. If that is the case then your error message indicates that location 1790 does not exist in APO. You have to run the plant CIF and create this location in APO and then run the material IM after deleting the faulty queue entry

If the location 1790 already exists in APO and you are still getting this error then it means that the location type in APO is something other than 1040. So you have to delete the location in APO and reCIF this plant to APO and once the plant gets created with location type 1040 , you have to run the material IM.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

I created a new IM and trying to CIF only location. But this time I get another error message complaing that location 1790 type 1002 already exists:

"Text: Location 1790 of type 1002 (BSG BSG1) already exist"

I checked the table /SAPAPO/LOC in APO and realized that location 1790 exists as type 1001. Now I changed it and would like to CIF it as type 1002.

How should I proceed if I change the location type from 1001 to 1002?

Another question: I tried to debug the CIF transfer by implementing an endlos loop in include "ZXCIFU08" (enhancement CIFLOC01) but this seems to have no effect. Is this the right enhancement (on ECC side)?

Thank you for your help

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally I run the program /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS and tried to delete the location in question. After this I changed to location type in ECC from 1001 to 1002 but it did not help. Still getting the error message that the location 1790 type 1002 is existing in APO system. Somehow I have to get rid of this plant in APO before changing the location type but the question is how? There was a hint in SND to run a program named "/SAPAPO/CHECK_LOCATION_TYPE" but this program is missing in our system.

Thanks

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following points to check and consider...

1) Was you successfull to delete the location in APO ? ( Use transcation WUF to check the dependencies )

2) check the business system group if it is the same you have configured between two systems.

3) Check report /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE from note 912025 .

Let me know the results / checks .

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. This program resolved the problem

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced similar error but in my case:

- Queue were not blocked.

- CFM5 Showed only one Integration Model Active for Material and Plant Combination.

In /SAPAPO/MAT1  - Error was Product XXXXXXX for location XXXX does not exist.

In this Case change the Availability Check in MM02 and it will CIF to SCM. You can change it back after it is CIF-ed.

I am not sure why it was not present in SCM before. May be Communication Error.

Answers (0)