cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field is not getting greyed out even after changing assignment date in CMP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created assignment in CMP2. My activity duration is 10 days. I want to change the assigment and assign the project team member for 4 days only. So as the standard behaviour, the hours field for the remaining 6 days should be greyed out but system is still showing the same in editable mode.

Any help in this will be appreciated,

Regards,

B P Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The editable field is only open for the scheduled period and not if you have or have not allocated resources

It should greys out when you finally confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will explain my scenario in details-

Activity is schedule to last from 01/10/2010-31/10/2010.

I have assigned 2 resources to my activity in CMP2 and maintained their assignment dates the same as 01/10/2010-31/10/2010.

Now I select one activity and change the assignment date from 01/10/2010-20/10/2010.The assigment dates beyond 20/10/2010 should get greyed out.

Gokul,

I have maintained the Date Type as Calendar Month and Period Unit as Day.

I schedule the project/activity in CJ20N after changing the resouce's assignment date in CMP2.But still the dates are not getting greyed out.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a guess, try changing the Date type to Calendar Day, reshedule your project and check.

Revert with your observations.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the effort and promptness Gokul...but no changes reflect even on doing this.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wished to confirm if there is any update on this...

The end date of the assigned resource is still not getting saved.The system shows the end date of the assigned resource the same as the activity end date.

Thanks and Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont understand your problem clearly, If you could post a screenshot and give the links, may be we could see what actually is the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem was at my end in the sense that I had not maintained the operating times for the capacity in the work centre.This resulted in activity dates over-riding the resource assignment dates.On maintainng the times the assignment dates could be changed and the period outside the assignment date got greyed out.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the configuration settings of your Workforce Planning profile. What is the Date Type maintained in the Planning Period settings? Also check the Period Unit maintained in the Display settings.

Are you scheduling your project/WBS after changing the duration of the activities? Check these things and revert.

Regards,

Gokul