cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sybase: JCO libraries not found on device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try to make my first Hellow World on Sybase SUP.

I try to implement one example like this:

Following Sybase instructions I copied the jco libraries in several directories, and the deployment is correct to the mobile device.

When I try to sync from the Windows mobile, the following error appear:

java.lang.noclassdefounderror: com/sap/mw/jco/JCO

any ideas?

thnks in advance,

david

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Download files from http://service.sap.com/connectors.

Please follow below steps:

a. Copy librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll to the C:\Windows\System32/

b. Copy librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll to C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\JDK1.6.0_16\bin

c.Copy sapjco.jar to C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Unwired_Workspace\Eclipse\sybase_workspace\mobile\eclipse\plugins

\com.sybase.uep.com.sap.mw.jco<version>\lib .

d.Copy sapjco.jar to C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib\3rdparty\

e. Copy librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll to <SUP Installationroot>\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib

Regards

Nidhideep Bhandari

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing the exact same problem with Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP). However I followed the steps above (from David) but no success. This is the error we got from the vmw3933-server.log:

010-12-10 19:08:42.560 ERROR MMS Thread-179 [com.sybase.sup.admin.server.DomainAdminImpl] test end point failed!

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO

at com.sybase.sup.server.endpoint.SAPUtil.testEndPoint(SAPUtil.java:231)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.server.DomainAdminImpl.testEndPoint(DomainAdminImpl.java:696)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.server.DomainAdminImpl_DJC.$invoke_2(DomainAdminImpl_DJC.java:1429)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.server.DomainAdminImpl_DJC.$invoke(DomainAdminImpl_DJC.java:129)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.server.MessageHandler.processRequest(MessageHandler.java:798)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.server.MessageHandler.run(MessageHandler.java:310)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO

at com.sybase.sup.server.endpoint.SapConnectionTest.testConnection(SapConnectionTest.java:15)

at com.sybase.sup.server.endpoint.SAPUtil.testEndPoint(SAPUtil.java:227)

... 8 more

The error happens on the server side. We don't have installed the SUP Workspace (Eclipse) in the local machine but it should get same problem too.

This is the file we have downloaded from SMP:

sapjco-ntamd64-2.1.9

It runs on a machine:

- CPU: Quad 2.1 GHz Six-Core AMD Opteron 8425 HE

We talked with AGS (Active Global Support) and we have been told that they can't help because it's a custom code from Sybase.

Thanks in advance!

Felipe Martins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try with jco libraries version 2.1.8

I have had no problems with this version

Also when copying the files please shutdown all services and the unwired workspace.

Once copied restart all services and verify them in services.msc

Now restart the sybase workspace and try connecting to the SAP system

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I Faced the SynchronizationException when retrieving data from the SAP. Using SUP 2.0 and DAD for BB.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

possible - did you reduce the amount of data to absolute minimum? We faced some issues with clients and did receive new client from Sybase for BB.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi oliver,

Thanks for Your reply.

Sorry for late reply. Synchronized problem solved but now we used the Windows 7 64bit for SUP 2.0 and download JCO 2.1.10 , but we faced an error like "Can't load IA 64 bit into 32 bit platform"

Please help me,

Regards,

Tapan

SameerAliKhan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hope this is for some help - if you are using Windows 7.

Here is the document that will help everyone fix SUP connection to SAP for Windows 7/Vista OS.

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=UPA4LDMXT2PV39CDMBOWD81FJAS5UJDERZK0EQVYZ52H1M...

Thanks

Sameer Ali Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue with SUP and JCo on the Windows 7 64-bit.

That SAPMats link has expired.

Can you provide any sustainable reference to this, please?

Thanks

Eyal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

easiest way to fix above mentioned issue: install SAP GUI on same PC - this will install the missing DLL files in correct version.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The link you menctioned in this thread is expired. Is there any way you can send it to me. Or post link again.

Appriciate your help

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue with SUP and JCo on the Windows 2008 R2 on 64-bit.

That SAPMats link has expired.

Can you provide any sustainable reference to this, please?

Thanks

Frantisek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

easiest way - install SAP GUI on PC - so you will see correct DLLs on PC and issue should be fixed.

If you do not want to do this, you can download the files form SERVICE.SAP.COM/SWDC

If you still face the issue make sure the correct DLLs are copied to all relevant locations.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is the SAP GUI installed on the machine which is running the Unwired server?

You should try to develop a simple Hello World application for BlackBerry to see if the problem is on the server or client side.

Regards,

Pierre