cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-assigning link to a Document attachment across platforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I would like your advise on the following solution I am trying to design. Currently we have a central content server and several different SAP back end systems, lets call them SAP system A and B for this discussion. I would like to send a document the content server from SAP A, and then at a later point in time assign that same attachment to a document in SAP system B.

Currently both systems are set up where I can manually attach documents (for example in transaction FB03). I am able to assign the attachment to another SAP document in the same client using FM ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT, but I have not been able to figure out how to do something like this between 2 different SAP platforms.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

I assume given the function module that you are using archivelink. (store business document option in GOS)

I don't believe its possible to link to more than one SAP system for the same document. You can do this with SAP DMS however because its done as object linking. The only alternative is to use a third party product like Open Text to do this.

Are the system's copies of each other? What types of documents are you trying to link?

Regards,

Athol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Athol,

My plan is that in SAP system "A" I will create an invoice output, convert it to a PDF and place it on the content server. When the Invoice is received and entered in system "B" (by a separate IDOC process) I want to attach it just as if I were to manually attach it while in transaction FB03 using the store business document functionality. It is not a requirement of mine to link the document to anything in System "A". I just need to be able to link it to an object in system "B". I am hoping this is possible since both systems share the same content server.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think its quite as simple as that though. The way SAP assigns the unique doc ID, it doesn't really allow for you to change the pointer to a different system because the file is simply stored in a logical repository in the system and SAP itself stores all the logical data as to where the file can be retrieved. The only potential solution I can think of is to move the document to an exchange directory once its been generated and then store it in the content server directly from system B.

srinivas_nistala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Matt,

There is one workable solution for your situation. If the content servers you have are "unsecured" (this is a setting that can be changed using t-code CSADMIN), you'll be able to access the file from the Content Server using a URL. The format of the URL is

http://<HOSTNAME>:<PORT>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?docGet&pVersion=0046&contRep=<CONTENT_REPOS...;

For Example:

http://hostname:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?docGet&pVersion=0046&contRep=K1&docId=4B4F6E0AF...

Use the same GOS menu and instead of creating an attachment, create a URL. You should be able to launch the document by clickin the URL you just added unde the "Attachments List".

Good luck!

-Srini