cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager and CCMS monitoring of remote database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Solution Manager 7 SP Basis 6 installed. I have oracle remote databases connected successfully. Under DBCockpit I see the instances I want to monitor. I can see the backup, tablespaces, etc. These remote instances are SAP Portal JAVA only version 7 but under the dbcockpit alerts only shows alert monitor. The database check and check conditions are in white. Is there a way to see these and be able to report on them? The CCMS tree under the local solution manager also shows these connected remote instances but they are also white in color as if inactive. All CCMS agents and saposcol are running perfectly on the remote systems. The stats tables have been built, the synonyms for the solution manager are in place. What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_BASIS release/ patch level ?

Remote Oracle DB release ? It should be at least Oracle 9.

Brtools patch level ? It should be at least BRTools 700 patch level 32 (Oracle client 10) or BR*Tools 640 patch level 42 (Oracle client 9) must be installed on the remote system

Please check that you have enabled "Collect Alert Data" check box in DBACOCKPIT "System Configuration".

Also refer this useful [SAP Note 1139623 - Using transaction RZ20 to monitor remote Oracle databases|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1139623] to get more information about the prerequisites and the steps required to perform in Non-ABAP (Java) system for such operation (refer "Manual steps for non-ABAP (Java) systems" of Note 1139623).

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Oracle Brtolls 7 patch greater than needed, Oracle 10.0.2.4. The collect data is checked but I noticed that the collect from remote was not

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download that attachment "scripts_1139623.sar" provided in SAP Note 1139623 - Using transaction RZ20 to monitor remote Oracle databases.

-

Upon extraction of scripts_1139623.sar the following files you will get.

rz20_nonabap.sql

dbcheckora10_oltp.sql

dbcheckora.sql

-

Then Perform the below mentioned Steps to resolve your issue.

Step 1: Create tables DBCHECKORA and DBMSGORA:

sqlplus SAPSR3DB/<pwd>

SQL> @rz20_nonabap.sql

Step 2: Fill the table DBCHECKORA:

sqlplus SAPSR3DB/<pwd>

SQL> @dbcheckora10_oltp

Step 3: Create the synonyms (as user ora<sid>):

brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPSR3DB

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM SAP_DBSTATC FOR SAPSR3DB.DBSTATC;

CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM SAP_DBCHECKORA FOR SAPSR3DB.DBCHECKORA;

CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM SAP_DBMSGORA FOR SAPSR3DB.DBMSGORA;

Step 4: Grant Privileges for OPS$<SID>ADM User for the above created Tables

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBSTATC to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBCHECKORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBMSGORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBSTAIHORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBSTATHORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBSTATIORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

grant all on SAPSR3DB.DBSTATTORA to OPS$<SID>ADM;

commit;

Step 5:

Now after successful execution of above mentioned Steps , in DBACOCKPIT (system configuration), try to save the Remote DB entry with "Collect Alert Data". It will be saved without any error.

If you find any errors, post the error contents as a reply of this thread message.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bottom line was use the right database user on the remote system for SQLPLUS. I used the DB SIDADM to create the tables and came back to login sqlplus with db schema owner user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've looked at and implemented a number of notes 1139623, everything works except the alert feature in the DBcockpit. I was told that this feature would not work without an ABAP Stack. Is this true?

DBCockpit

Alert Tree

EPD (oracle)

Connection EPD (green)

Space Management (grey) with an x in a circle

Performance (grey) with an x in a circle

Backup/Restore (grey) with an x in a circle

Health (grey) with an x in a circle

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was told that this feature would not work without an ABAP Stack. Is this true?

No. It works for ABAP and Non-ABAP both systems.

In Non-ABAP system (means JAVA stack) the tables DBCHECKORA and DBMSGORA and other required tables do not exist under SAPSR3DB schema. That is the reason why you are not able to enable "Collect Alert Data" feature for NON-ABAP system in DBACOCKPIT.

"Collect Alert Data" feature depends on DBCHECKORA, DBMSGORA & other required tables as mentioned in SAP Note 1139623 && in my previous reply so without existence of those tables in remote DB, it will give you exceptions in DBACOCKPIT (such as Exception CX_DBA_ALERT_TREE in class CL_ORA_ALERT_MONITOR_CONTEXT).

I had faced the same issue at my landscape before and i followed those steps which i have mentioned in my previous message.

Now, I am able to get RZ20 data for remote Database, alert feature in DBACOCKPIT (like Database Check, Check Conditions, Alert Monitor), which were disabled before.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kieth,

Check the below link and I hope it will help you to configure what you are looking for....

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-38996

Apart of this you can also have a look at BR*Tools Studio 7.10: Installation, Configuration and Administration, its avaiable at SDN.

All the best !