Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* or DDIC being unable to create logical system in SAP PI 7.1

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

greetings !

I am not a basis person.

I had freshly installed PI 7.1. I was finding that I am being unable to create new logical systems . I tried logging to both clients 000 and 001 using sap* , ddic , and pisuper . pisuper does not even have the authorization to execute SALE . SAP* and DDIC can excecute SALE but unable to create or assign clients.

I reinstalled my system from scratch thinking i must have errored on something, as creating clients is a very simple task. but even the new PI 7.1 gives me the same problem.

is something wrong with my installation , or there are additional roles/authrizations I need to assign to a user.

regards

rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create your own id and then try creating logical system. SAP* and DDIC will not work.

Thanks,

Naveed

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Naveed

Thanks for your answer. PISUPER was a user created automatically by SAP PI via its configuration wizard. PISUPER does not even have the authorization to execute SALE.

Would assigning the role SAP_ALL give it the necessary authorizations to create logical system .

regards

rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP* and DDIC are not allowed to do any repository changes in SAP system. So create a user BASIS (instead of assigning SAP_ALL to PISUOER user) and then try to create the logical system using SALE.

-Varadhu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides PISUPER other users are also created some of the are PIAFUSER, PIDIRUSER, PIRWBUSER etc. Every user has a specific purpose in a PI system. For activities like creating logical system etc. own id's should be used.

There are couple of guides out there which explains in detail the purpose of all the users in PI system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks both of you , I created a seperate user and was able to create and define logical system.

I have another question , but i will open a seperate thread for it. I am being unable to do remote logon using sm59 to and from a sap 4.7 system . any special settings including pfcg etc to successfuly do a remote logon.

Answers (0)