Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal authentication disregard data source domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP Enterprise Portal supports multiple SAP applications. The portal has two different data sources, i.e. internal (intranet) active directory (IAD) and external (extranet) active directory (EAD). The IAD contains internal users, e.g. employees. But due to internal reasons, the EAD contains the same set of internal users as well as external users, such as bidders / vendors of SRM system. When we tried to make use of both data source, the portal throws an error (user id duplicated) because the same user ID, i.e. an internal user ID, exists in both data source. It seems that the portal does not consider the "domain" of the user account, i.e. "IAD/user1" versus "EAD/user1". Because of this awareness, we are forced to use only the EAD (which is a superset of the two directories) for both internal and external users and activities. The question is why doesn't the enterprise portal take the data source (domain) name into account when authenticating a user?

1 REPLY 1

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

Why have you chosen to use AD as your user data source ? Is it so you can use SPNEGO authentication ?

Thanks,

Tim