cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 - invoice management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We currently using Open text VIM solution to manage invoices (scanning, approval workflow)

We are planning to use SRM 7.0. If we do use SRM 7.0 invoice management do we still need Open text VIM?

Regards,

D.J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

VIM and SRM 7.0 Invoice Management are two different solutions with different functionalities.

SRM 5.0 used to come with a better invoice management solution which SAP discontinued due to Open Text VIM as their strategic direction.

SRM 7.0 Invoice Management offers just invoice creation facility(similar to MIRO) with a robust approval process .

If you want to Use features like VIM Exception workflows etc, then continue to use VIM in your landscape, otherwise shift to SRM invoice management with workflow without any exception management tool in it

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

I am planning to insall SRM 7.0 and use also Opentext VIM solution to manage all invoice exceptions.

What will be the correct process to use to let vendors enter their invoices in Portal and then manage exceptions inR/3 VIM?

Is it a standard solution to enter invoices in SRM and then transfer them to VIM add-on in R/3?

How this transfer is made?

Any suggestions will be appreciate.

Many thanks

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ezequiel

I will go ahead with this option:

1. Have SRM exposed to Vendors for Invoice Creation via Portal. YOu have Portal roles for this purpose. Make sure you activate workflows for these invoices to get approved in SRM first. It will be easy for you if you have SUS In landscape but thats not a must have.

2. The above invoice will result in creation of a MM Invoice in backend. Then Implement OpenText VIM as add on in R/3 and use its exception management capabilities and exception management workflow.

3. Invoices are never transferred to VIM, rather than that VIM is integrated with Invoice component of ECC/R3 and takes care of exceptions based on how you configure OpenText VIM

I hope you are not looking for imaging of invoices

Regards

Virender Singh