cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using JAVA API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your expert suggestion. I am sorry if this is not the right place to post but I was not sure so I am posting it here.

I dont have knowledge in JAVA. I am working on SAP PI. In order to write a UDF, can I use any existing JAVA APIs ?

If so, how? Please let me know..

thank you

regards,

yashwanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need your expert suggestion. I am sorry if this is not the right place to post but I was not sure so I am posting it here.

> I dont have knowledge in JAVA. I am working on SAP PI. In order to write a UDF, can I use any existing JAVA APIs ?

No. Usually a UDF is a small piece of Java code.

So you have to learn Java basics for working with UDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI stefan,

thank you for the response. actually what i meant was whether i can use the APIs in any way or not..

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> thank you for the response. actually what i meant was whether i can use the APIs in any way or not..

Which APIs are you talking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

Hope this helps.

You can import Java packages to your methods from the Imports input field, by specifying them separated by a comma or semi-colon:

You do not need to import the packages java.lang., java.util., java.io., and java.lang.reflect. since all message mappings require these packages and therefore import them. You should be able to access standard JDK and J2EE packages of the SAP Web Application Server by simply specifying the package under Import. In other words, you do not have to import it as an archive into the Integration Repository. You can also access classes of the SAP XML Toolkit, the SAP Java Connector, and the SAP Logging Service (see also: Runtime Environment (Java-Mappings)).

In addition to the standard packages, you can also specify Java packages that you have imported as archives and that are located in the same, or in an underlying software component version as the message mapping.

More on this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/22/e127f28b572243b4324879c6bf05a0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, thank you for the answers.. i think i got to be more precise on the question.. but the answers have helped.. thanks

yash

Answers (0)