cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue parallel processing with BPM instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in where I have to process multiple requests at the same time. Every request creates 1 BPM instance. Now when 5 requests come I want it to create 5 different BPM instances. It must create 5 different queues in parallel.

In my case it just creates 2 queues. Putting 3 request in 1 Queue and the other 2 requests in another queue. But it must as I said create 5 queues!

Any idea why it creates just 2?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

You can influence inbound processing (instantiation) of your processes with the transaction swf_inb_conf at runtime and the settings of queue Assignment during design time of your process in the Integration Repository.

Check out this document about queue handling (might be a little old, but most of it is still true, maybe you find a new version

with SDN search)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e73c7b-5301-2a10-f1ab-832f301b6...

With best regards

Sebastian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using correlations for your scenario? Can you tell us in more detail regarding your scenario to help us understand better...

Regards,

Anand Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I am using no correlation. The process is synchonous and there shouldn't be any delay. That's the reason I want parallel processing. There will be a maximum of 10 simultaneously requests to PI. So all of these 10 request have to be processed in 10 different queues.

Thanks.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can try to use ParForEach Block to help resolve the issue. This will create parallel instances during runtime...

Check the link below to know more

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/frameset.htm

Regards,

Anand Patil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

if you do not use correlation then you shouldnt be worried. BPM will create for each request a new process instance. Queues are used for asynchronouns processing, in your case the available work processes (SM50) will controll the maximum number of parallel requests.

Regards,

Udo