Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of reports using certain objects in a universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using BO XI 3.1 SP2

There are 3 tables in the database that are included in a universe.There is some strutural change porposed to these tables.To find the exact impact we need to find the list of reports which use the objects referencing this table.

Can anyone please let me know what needs to be done to extract this kind of imformation.

Regards,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I do not have Metatdata Manager.Wanted to know whether there are any tables/queries capable of giving me this info(like in BO 6.5)

Thanks and Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible via the Activity Universe if you have Auditing enabled.

Also, what reports are these? i.e CR, Webi etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please give some more details.We do have auditing enabled and the reports in question are all Webi reports. I have not used the Activity Universe before and am a little baffled as to where to start.

If you could tell me which document/link gives info about this info about this universe that would be quite useful too.

Thanks and Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should look at the Auditor's Guide for information on tables etc. in the Activity universe. I can't seem to find the document for XI 3.s. The XI R2 version is available at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_bip_auditor_en.pdf .

I presume your Activity universe is set up already.i.e. your Audit reports run.

Creating the report

Use the following objects in the query:

- Universe Name from /Actions/Action Details/

- Action Type from /Actions/

- Document Name from /Actions/Document Operation/

- Action Time from /Actions/

- Action Type Detail from /Actions/Action Type/

We use a filter on Action Time (amongst others)

- Action Time between ( Begin Date and End Date) from Actions

Report Columns:

- Universe Name

- Document Name (i.e. Report Name)

- Action Type Detail (i.e. Report SQL). You'll need a report filter (Action Type in List : SQL value) applied to the table.

This should give you the SQL behind every data provider in every report. You could schedule this to PDF and then look for the tables. Alternately, you could use another filter at the query level to pull data only for the tables you're interested in.

NOTE: Needless to say, this will only return data for reports that have been run/scheduled.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have a solution to my problem.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the above query which you have mentioned, I can able to get the WebI reports, But I need to get the reports for particualr table. Please help on this.

in Last line you have mentioned that we need to create a query filter for tables. can you please elabaraotr.

Regards,

Aparna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have BOMM installed in your environment, with this tool you can perform the impact and lineage anaysis on this object and find out the required details.

Regards,

Ramu.