cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Linking Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to link a Document to Plant Maintenance Equipment Record(T-code IE01) through Object linking.

As soon as I link a document in transaction code CV01N, It appears in Equipment Record.But the Status is still in "IW" Status.

The DIR is not yet approved and Released as per the Standard process.

My requirement is until the document get "Released" It should not appear in Equipment record or Even though it appears I am not able to access it. Because the Document Can be changed during approval. If the process is delayed customer will refer the wrong document which is still in " IW" status.

<<Text removed by moderator>>

with regards,

Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand,

Since the doucment is under the IW status the authorization is given to the particular user or the approver can change the document. In DMS there is no standard functionality to hide the DMS document in the Equip record screen. In DMS functionality not all the users are able to change the document so u need to panic that some will change or approve the document since u might have digital signature for the approver.

If u think that approver might change the document, since the workflow will be activated when he changes the document this intimates the uploader to look in to the doucment changes.

SO there is no standard functionality to change or hide the dms documents from the Equip screen.

Regards

Poonguntran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Poonguntran,

My issue is the document until it get released in DMS, it should not be accessed or Viewed from Equipment Record through object Linking.Because during IW Status document can be changed or New doc can be added.

with regards,

Dayanand

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand

normally if you link a document info record to an object this link is displayed from object side without checking the status of the document info record. This means in your scenario an entry in table DRAD exists for the link between the document info record and the object. Therefore the linked document is also displayed on object side and users can access the document info record.

To filter the displayed object links only a special BADI checking routing in BADI DOCUMENT_OBJ or DOCUMENT_OBJ1 could be used. Here you can implement your own filter logic to avoid that users see linked document info records which have status 'IW'.

Best regards,

Christoph