cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting license for two different ssystem with same SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to request 2 license for two systems with same SID. The systems are on different machines and their HW key are different but both have same SID. While requesting license, will it permit to create 2 different license with SAME SID.

Regards

Deb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP recommends not to use same SID in your landscape, if you are in installation phase then I suggest you must revise your SID selection.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only if this is an test system - same SID's are not permitted.

Regards;

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi debasis,

Yes you can do this, SAP will not allow to create 2 SID on SAP SMP.

Only thing you can do is that, firstly provide the HARDWARE key of first system and request the license key. Once you have received that, then change the hardware key on SAP SMP and request the another license.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The one for which the license is already requested is the main development portal with SID EP2. I have installed one local version of SAP EP with the same SID EP2. Now we need a license for the second system.

If we change the HW key of the original license which is already applied in the main development portal under SMP and apply for a new license for the new local version, can it have any future implications, if any.

What is the best way to deal with the situation. Is there a full proof way to change the SID of the EP system, which I can try in the local EP system.

Regards

Deb

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to deal with it is to do a Homogeneous system copy and change the SID.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System copy is not an option here as the one is the main development client portal and the second is just a locally installed portal for local development purpose :).

Regards

Deb

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

As it is a Development system, there will not be any implication.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your suggestions.

In case the client does not agrees with it, is ithere a full proof method to change the SID of a system. I am thinking of changing the SID of the local EP version.

Regards

Deb

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if its standalone and its a new installation (as you haven't license it just yet), why don't you run the installation again with a different SID?...

In anycase, if the box is isolated from your SAP environment, then theres no implications.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case the client does not agrees with it, is ithere a full proof method to change the SID of a system. I am thinking of changing the SID of the local EP version.

If you don't want to reinstall, then do a HSC of the local system and change the SID.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a foolproof method to change the SID.

Use sapinst.exe to perform a Homogeneous System Copy, under Software Life-Cycle options.

You will utilize database-specific tools, so there is no need for a data export except for Java (if you use Java).

I have a detailed writeup on my blog here:

http://joeybear23.blogspot.com/2010/10/sap-system-copy-procedure.html

Read over the entire procedure and adapt it to your environment before proceeding. Also, it may take a few attempts to get the process ironed out for your specific needs.