cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 / SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202

Former Member

Hi,

This is just requesting a general information / clarification on sales order inbound IDOC.

We are in version ECC 6 and in the process of configuring inbound IDOC. When we had a look on the relevant IDOC version, the SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 / SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202 seems to be the relevant version. But when we check in the SAP notes or forums I can see lot are mentioned about the IDOC u2013 ORDERS / ORDERS05 and limited for SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2.

I understand that ORDERS05 is using the call transaction method and SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202 is using the BAPI method, just wondering which IDOC to be used for our version and what would be the advantage on a long term basis like SAP support point of view etc.

Also consider we are using heavily customised variant configuration in the sales order.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no experience in this. However as 202 is the latest version, it is always better to go for that version.

I would advise you to look both the versions, find out the difference between them in the segments used, fieds in the segments and the application of additional fields to your need. If you really need those fields which are only in 202, then you can go for it. Otherwise 2 or 202 is not going to make any difference to you for now. At later point of time, if at all you have to add some mroe fields to the segments, the latest version will be of much use to you. Hence my suggestion.