cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW recording for different numbers of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In the LSMW recording-trcode at VBO1- I enter material codes. But the number of material codes are changeble. For instance for a customer I can enter 5 material codes; for another customer I can enter 12 material codes. For this reason,

I created recording template for 15 materials.

When I run the LSMW it gives errror. because I entered 3 material for a spesific customer. It wants other 12 material codes.

As result;

How can I create a template for various numbers of materials?

For example

customer1 I want to run LSMW for 3 materials

customer2 I want to run LSMW for 5 materials.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not exactly sure of the problem, but you have 15 material columns refering to the line items possible in ALL sales orders/contracts. Ensure that you have a ZERO in the colomns not being posted to. The zero in Excel has to set to text I think, but check the SDN for further on that matter. When you save as a text file, or CSV file, open it with wordpad. You should see the 0 there, if not search SDN.

Something else you can do is the have the field names that become you source field in the LSMW. See Maintain source fields in the LSMW. Use the field names that you have given there as the excel file's header line. i.e. line 'A'. When you select your file to be loaded under 'specify fields', tick the box : - Field names at start of file.

It will then only take the amounts that are there and not put the amount in the next place. I am not sure with recording in SD, but record the item numbers from a static 10,20,30,40,50 .....ETC TO 150. Then have source fields for all 15 line items.

You could have another material created as a non-valuated material and so it won't post anywhere. Add this material where necessary.

Hope this is of help

Kind regards

Dawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

You can prepare your file's header fields as below:

KUNNR.....MATNR.....valid from......valid-to...

.....X..............Y........

.....X..............Z

Actually, you should one transaction for each specific customer number to one material number.

You can create your batch input recording session regarding of this way for VB01 t-code.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First make the template thru recording with single material.

prepare file for all materials for required customer.

update the file.

Regards

kedasu.a

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You record the LSMW and prepare the template for only 1 material.

As per the requirement of your customer just add the materials in the template

regards

Prashanth