cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste from excel to adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

a customer in a project based on WDJ + Adobe Interactive Form asks us the ability to copy areas of data (numeric and alphanumeric) from an Excel Spreadsheet (set of contiguous rows and columns), and paste them into a text field free PDF, preserving the formatting (ie the structure of rows and columns, font and size).

Personally I think it is something not feasible unless a development at hoc.cosa do you think?

Any advice is very welcome.

Regards,

Mirco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had same requirement in one of my projects and had tough time convincing the customer about it.

May be SAP can stop showing nice presentations about Adobe and mark clearly that only simple processes should be created in Adobe UI.

The sooner the customer realize the better it will be for them and SAP Implementation Partners.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading the documentation XFA at http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/xfa_spec_3_1.pdf (richtext reference) we understand that you can make the cut & paste from Word or, better still from a RTF. But in this case from the Excel table information is lost as it is aligned in a single line.

The only way I think is to define a common layout to Excel and Adobe and use tables dynamically in the form

I do not think this is a limitation of the SAP solution!

regards,

Mirco