0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My OS: RedHat 5.4 64bit

My ERP : ERP ECC 6.0 EHP4

My DB: DB2 V9.1 FP8 64bit

partition of /usr/sap ~30GB (used ~2GB)

Partition of /sapmnt ~8GB (used ~1GB)

Partition of /db2 ~400GB (used ~110GB)

We are deploying SAP ERP-DMS to the customer and we met a problem. Customer need to migrate data (such as : word, excel , PDF, CAD ... of their project) from their old system (not SAP system) into SAP with capacity ~17GB. When we attach these file into original file box (in tcode CV02N), and then I had chose a original file and finally, I had chose Default storage DMS (main files) to save -> that is Storage Category DMS_C1_ST.

We use tcode OACT to find the place of content repository -> that is DMS_C1. And itu2019s phys. path with the default parameter is u201C/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/u201D which is reserved by basis admin.

With 17GB old data and more extend later, we can not use this content repository to save because phys. Path (u201C/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/u201D) belongs to partition /usr/sap which it just have ~30GB (with /usr/sap) and ~8GB (with /sapmnt)

We want to change phy. path to another path (with bigger storge area)

We wonder, how phys .path can be changed to another bigger storage area .But besides, we had realized that phys. path is not modified.

Extra Infomation :

I had created a new content repository with properties same DMS_C1.

But, i could not change path of default physical path in "New Create

Content Repository" screen (/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global) -> a differ

physical path - I had observed and realized it can not be changed.

At this time, I have never moved data (~17GB) into SAP system. So, DMS_C1_ST is empty. Previously, In this case, I tried to use DMS_C1_ST for storage but I could not change physical path of DMS_C1 -> So, I wanted to create a new storage catagory and a new content repository and change this path -> But I can not change this path

How can i change a default physical path in "New Create Content Repository" screen to a differ path ? what is parameter of default physical path and how to change it for a new path ?

When data had been moved into SAP system through storage catagory, data will be stored where in OS level or Database ?

Please help me to resolve for storage location of physical path

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done. Please contact SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

As follow your suggest. I have installed the SAP Content Server 6.4

successfully with Apache Web Server 1.3.xx and SAP DB instance (MaxDB 7.6.) on Redhat 5.4 64bit . I can access the Apache through URL (http://<IP of Content Server>:<port number - 1090> -> that is interfaceof Apache. But not interface of SAP Content Server.

There was no ContentServer directory exist under the apache/htdocs.

And then, i am able to login from my SAP system to SAP Content Server

through tcode CSADMIN. -> successfull with status of Content Server is

running.

I have some questions

1. Can you help me where I did the wrong? but installation was successful.

2. How to check status of Content Server (not yet started or started)?

3. How can i access SAP Content Server through URL above ?

4. Please help me to know -> when data documents (word, excel, pdf ...v.v.) were loaded into ContentServer -> where will these data be stored in Content Server (with MAXDB) ?

Regards

Please guide me to resolve this issue

Thank and regards

Edited by: myfriend280985 on Nov 5, 2010 4:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you proceed,propose you evaluate the storage option that you intend to use.Going by the volume of existing documents that you intend to push into DMS,as well as in future,for a high performance SAP architecture, it is recommended that you choose kPro as a storage option as against SAP DMS DB as proposed by you. If there are only a few documents/files of small size, then SAP DMS DB can be considered.

For details on kPro and setting up a content server, refer http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/16/ce71403017587ee10000000a155106/frameset.htm

as well as the forum search.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar