Did you mean: 

System Monitoring: Navigation to Satellite System

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured System Monitoring.

In SolMan -> Monitoring Graphic -> I check Alerts

Now, for some Alerts itallows me to click the Alert and navigate to that particular Transaction in Satellite System. The Alert itself is a Link(Blue Font)

For Others it is not allowing me to navigate to that particular Transaction in Satellite System. The Alert is a Black Bold Font

Why so?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear SALPG ADMIN,

This question is purely related to CCMS, please note that System Monitroign ins Solution Manager is beaed on CCMS and the alerts in Solman are just mappiong the alerts that exist in CCMS.

Therefore please go to RZ20 to double-chekc those alerts, I did in one of our internal system and got the same information

in the alert details: "File system for 98 % full (threshold value: 95 %)"

As you see this is the default and there is no further details in CCMS (Tx RZ20) neither, that inform about the tablespace itself.

This is something that you should check directly ont he managed system, with the standard transactions, DB02, DBACOCKPIT,etc.

With kind regasrds,

Marta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello SALPG ADMIN ,

I can confirm that the alerts appearing in black blod letters are having no problems, it is just representing a different MTE.

As you know every alert in the System Monitoring Graphic of SAP Solution Manager is just mapping the data from the corresponding Monitoring Tree Element (MTE) in the CCMS, transaction RZ20.

The alerts that you see without link, not in blue colour but in black & bold lettters, are corresponsing to MTEs that do not have any Analysis Method assigned in RZ20, and therefore, there is no transaction on the satellite system that you can check to display more details for the alert.

On the other hand, the Alerts in the graphic that have blue colour, are mappping MTEs which do have an Analysis Method assigned in RZ20, and when you click on the link, you just trigger this Analysis Method and jump into the monitored system, in the respective Analysis Transaction; for example, for update error alert, you would jump into SM13.

You can just prove this if you got o RZ20 and check the porpertied of the MTEs that you see in the Graphic.

I hope this clarifies your question,

With kind regards,

Marta

SolMan EMEA

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Excllent Reply.Bang on target.

Now I have a couple of related questions for you.

1. In Set-up SystemMonitoring, I have selected "Tablespaces" in "Administering DB PRD-DATABASE(Oracle)" -> This is not User-defined.

Now in Monitoring Graphic it reports error(Red)

When I click on "Open Alerts" I get to see the below,

Tablespaces (4) [More]

98% > 95%: used space > threshold ( 22.10.2010 21:42:27 )

95% > 90%: used space > threshold ( 22.10.2010 21:42:27 )

97% > 95%: used space > threshold ( 04.10.2010 22:39:26 )

95% > 90%: used space > threshold ( 04.10.2010 22:39:26 )

Here why cant I see the names of the 4 Tablespaces. Without the names itsof no use.

2. Is it necessary to manually assign a Analysis Method for those Items? If Yes, how to determine the appropiate methods?

Thanks!

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone who can throw some light?

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone who can throw some light?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls do the check of all the trusted RFC connections working fine.

jansi

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. No issue with Authorization. And all RFCs working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please login to the satellite system and execute the same transaction code which you are tried to execute from solman. If you are able to do so, then check with the authorization, are you trying to execute with one single user ID on both the system solman and satellite?

Regards

JUDE