cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Activity Cost not displaying correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario- There is an activity in a project with the activity type,work centre and work values maintained.I have maintained the activity rate in the activity type and cost center combiation in KP26.The valuation variant for planned costs has also been maintained.But when I see the planned activity cost in CJ20N(Edit->Costs->Plan/Actual->Activity/element) then the value displayed is incorrect.In fact the value is getting multiplied by a factor of 50 w.r.t the value maintained in KP26.

Kindly advise how to correct the same.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Pls check the activity dates and also dates in workcenter Costing tab for validity.

The activity dates must lies between the validity dates in WC costing tab.

Madhusudan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The activity dates lie between the validity dates maintained in the WC Costing tab.

But a query......why is the system multiplying the same with 50?I do not feel the validity dates have any relevance for the current scenario of mine-had this been the case then the costs would not have got calculated at all as per my knowledge.

Thanks and Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That 50 times(multiplication factor) of your planned cost could be your planned overhead. Check whether you have assigned any costing sheet to the activity and if so check the settings of costing sheet to conclude the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check formula maintained for is SAP008 or any other for 'Activity type Internally Processed'. If formula is SAP008, please check the inside for formula parameters.

As a troubleshooting step, you can also verify the correctness of formula mentioned by clicknig on 'test formula' pushbutton.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

The origin of the planned cost in the report shows as the activity type and no mention of the overhead cost is there.

could it be so that some exchange rate is coming into picture?where can I see the exchange rate type maintained for the planned activity cost of mine?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it in OB08. Also, as Ahmed has suggested did you check in the activity whether a costing sheet is maintained there?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

A costing sheet has been maintained which I deleted and again planned a new activity...but the thing remains the same.

IN OB08 excchange rates have been maintained.But in which setting of my PS config should I check that which type is applicable for my network costing?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any Execution Factor maintained in activity? If yes then it will multiply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your valuable inputs.The issue was with currency.In CN41 I was getting the desired values while in CJ20N the report was displayed differently as the currecncy option selected was Company Code cur./Object Cur. and not CO Area Currency.When I changed the option to CO Area currency the planned KP26 value was displayed.Thanks again.

Thanks and Regards