cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SOAPACTION missing from WS generated from SOAMANAGER?

isathore
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am currently testing the usage of the a SAP generated web service from a FM in BOBJ Xcelsius dashboard. See post [;. The usage of WS in Xcelsius was even documented on SDN paper[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/905cda63-e79d-2c10-c297-fc1a1577780f?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

The WSDL XML doesn't contain the soapaction="" under tag <soap:operation> which seems to prevent the usage in Xcelsius, and from some posting on the net, in other application.

If the XML contains soapaction = "" in the tag

<soap:operation style="document" soapaction=""/>, all works well.

It is unclear where under SOAMANAGER we can specify that we need this value soapaction set to "".

There is some information for LPCONFIG [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1788] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; but this transaction is anyway obsolete and is not related to the WSDL.

- Why this soapvalue="" is not generated automatically?

- Where to we specify this in the SOAMANAGER?

- Is this documented in help.sap.com? I couldn't find anything related to this in the Web Services help.

Thanks a lot & Best Regards

Isabelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isathore
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

After investigation with SAP SOA and Xcelsius colleagues, it seems there is currently an issue:

- SOAMANAGER doesn't include SOAPACTION in the generated WSDL as this is not mandatory

- Xcelsius needs it to be able to recognized the Web Services

The current workaround given by Xcelsius, is to add manually SOAPACTION="". This can only be done by saving the WSDL XML locally and enter the local file path in Data -> Connection, under Add -> Web Services Connection window. SOAMANAGER doesn't currently give the opportunity to manually change the WSDL nor to inform the tool to generate it.

I have addressed this issue to both parties to see how this can be resolved in a standard fashion.

For now, there is only the workaround above available :(.

Best Regards

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

I know SAP does provide an API for configuring the SOAP action for logical ports on the web service consumer side, i don't have any extra information about it but if you open a message with SAP support they will be able to assist you.

I believe on the provider side SOAP action is not enforced.

Cheers

Phillip