Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Date in an Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

Basically I have 2 Questions.

1) On which date the Taxes are redetermined in Invoice? Whether its a Pricing date or Billing date?

I have tested a scenario for this and the taxes were not determined based on Billing date. Does this means that the taxes are redermined in billing document based on Pricing date?

2) If that is the case than how to change the Pricing date in Invoice? that field is greyed and if i create invoice lets say on 1st Nov, the pricing date is taken as the pricing date in the sales order which is 23 of Oct.

Can some body refer to me the config setting related to this?

Many thanks

PVR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant

This is the standard behaviour of SAP. For taxes first priority is given to service rendered date. For all other conditions priority is given to the pricing date.

Service rendered date will have priority over pricing date as well as PGI date.

Thanks

Shuktiz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend reading OSS Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution to understand how taxes are determined in billing document. Point F details this. Below is the content;

f) Date of services rendered

Tax rates are determined for the date of services rendered and NOT for the pricing date. This date is determined in the sales and distribution documents depending on the process.In this case, there is a check on whether there is a requested

delivery date in sales documents. If there is one, there is a check on whether the requested delivery date is after the date of

creation of the document. If this is the case, the requested delivery date is used as the date of services rendered for the SD

tax determination. If this is not the case, the document creation date forms the basis as the date of services rendered. However, you can also manually change this automatically determined date of services rendered at header and item level in the sales document.

It is important to note that, the actual date of services rendered of the later billing document is not yet known in the sales

document. Therefore, the date of services rendered in the sales document and the tax determined for that may differ from the later billing document.

In the billing document, the date of services rendered in the case of a delivery-related billing and for the existing goods issue date is copied from this goods issue date. If there is no goods issue date, the billing date forms the basis of the date of services rendered.

In the case of the order-related billing, the billing date is used as the date of services rendered. If the billing is executed for a

billing plan date, the To date of the settlement deadline is copied as the date of services rendered in the case of the periodic

billing plan. In the case of the milestone billing plan, the billing date of the relevant milestone billing date is copied to

the billing document as the date of services rendered.

If you use transaction VF01 to manually enter the date of services rendered using the default data, this manual entry has priority. If you use the external billing interface for billing, you can enter the date of services rendered using the 'DELIVERY_DATE' import parameter. This then also has priority.

Regards,

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The tax determination always happens for Service Rendered Date(SRD) and not for the pricing date.

In case of sales documents....the requested delivery date will be considered for tax calculations.

In case of Billing documents....

Order related billing: The billing date is considred as the Service Rendered Date

Delivery related billing: the goods issue date will be copied to the service rendered date. If the goods issue date is not available, the billing date will be considered as the SRD.

Periodic Billing: The 'To Date' of the settlement period (end date of billing period) will be copied as the SRD in billing document.

Milestone billing: The billing date will be copied as the SRD in invoice.

The manual entry of SRD in invoice will have priority and system allows to overwrite the defaulted value in the SRD field.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Shankar

In case of Debit Memo, which is created with reference to Debit Memo request which in turn is created with reference to Invoice. WHich date will be considered as service rendered date? is it the billing date of the debit memo or the billing date of the invoice?

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Taxes will normally be determined based on your Actual GI date if it is delivery related billing and pricing date in sale order if it is order related billing. It also depends on your copy control VTFL for the field "Pricing Type". If you maintain "G", then system will automatically take care of tax calculation. That is let us assume your sale order tax percent is 4% and subsequently you changed the tax percentage to 12.50% with copy control "G", then while creating billing, system will consider 12.50% only.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

I dont agree with you on taxes getting determined based on Actual GI date in case of Delivery related Billing. However in case of delivery related billing system will go to copy control setting and if it founds G in pricing type, system will not automatically take care it will further go to V/06 setting of pricing date and if the value is E taxes will be calculated on the order date even if it is delivery related billing. There is no GI date in standard configuration for the tax calculation.

Once again I thank to Shuktiz.

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I dont agree with you on taxes

ok no problem.

Taxes will normally be determined

I am sure, you would have gone through this sentence. I have very specifically mentioned this due to the fact that predominently, in V/06, the pricing date would be blank and in that sense only, I had given a suggestion.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant Ranalkar

I dont agree with you on taxes getting determined based on Actual GI date
 in case of Delivery related Billing.

Do you still don't agree?

However in case of delivery related billing system will go to copy control setting and 
if it founds G in pricing type

This is not just for Delivery related billing....to my knowledge, for all scenarios system checks the copy control settings for the pricing type.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Shakar,

Its not the question of beliving or not beliving.

Can you let me know the config setting where SRD is configured as Goods Issue Date in delivery related Billing.

where do I see these settings to verify? Or do you mean that this is a standard behaviour of SAP?

Regards

PVR

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant Ranalkar,

Its not the question of beliving or not beliving.

You are correct. The question is not about believing or not. It is about agreeing or disagreeing to what Lakshmipathi has told.

Regarding the SRD in invoices in the case of delivery related billing.... the goods issue date will be considered as the SRD in the standard system and no config or code changes are required for this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Shakar,

You are deviating from the Point. The Point I am here trying to understand from this forum is about SRD where as you are arguing with the sense to make me believe that what Lakshmi said is right, in which I am least, interested.

Since we have deviated from the topic, again I repeat my questions which you can find in the previous messages of this thread.

1. Do you mean to say that this is standard behavior of SAP where SRD will be the PGI date in Delivery related Billing?

I will test the scenario on this, however if you are referring any documentation of SAP please let me know

2. In case of Debit memo which date will be considered as service rendered date?

P.S. is it that I have appreciated Shuktiz for his accurate answer which made you argue on forcing me to accept what Lakshmi is saying.

Shuktiz was accurate to answer me that it depends on service rendered date where as Lakshmi didnu2019t mention at all.

Lets adhere to the rules of this forum! All I am here is to share knowledge and get knowledge rather than arguments.

Thanks PVR.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You take the members' suggestion or not, its up to you and from my side, I also dont bother about that but there should be some ethics to be followed in this forum by which, one should not hurt with some comments which could have been avoided. I mean, your comments "I dont agree with you" and that too at the start of the sentence.

Sorry to deviate the topic but I also wanted to justify my stand is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshi,

Nor i am doubting nor i want to hurt you, incase if that has happened I am really sorry. What i am interested is that whatever suggestion I am getting It should be justified.

however my stand is simple, if I dont agree, I do have all right to say that I dont agree and for this I have given my justification. Also by saying that I dont agree , i dont seems to be unethical.

Lets be professional!

Regards

PVR

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if I dont agree, I do have all right to say that I dont agree

I too agree and dont deny this but at the sametime, you should also ensure that whatever you comment something in writing, it should not hurt others or give some negative thought. There are many ways to express our feelings and as for as possible, it should be polite and this is what I was trying to convey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I find the thread posts which start with "Sorry to disagree with you" the best ones on SDN...

But you should read the reason for the disagreement very carefull. That makes for interesting discussions (like this one).

Chin up!

Julius

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggetation to Moderators would be "If any thread marked as Answered, should not allow any replies to it".

- Have seen some threads, where SDNers keep posting / continuing with the same thread even after it is answered.

- Normally, Contributors overlook such threads & less chances for viewing the continuous issues.

- By locking replies, we can make practise to open new thread for further clarifications

- SDNers will think once, before marking it as answered instead simply click on "answered" before completely satisfy with the solutions given/received.

Note: This is not to "Address" the discussion.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I have been doing like that only where members confirmed their issue was addressed but continuing with a different questions.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi G,

Thanks for reply.

But is it possible to make it "automated" instead "Manual" intervention.

Just a thought. Dont know, it is possible or not.

- How it will be if we have "Moderator's Corner" as a thread within the forum, where all SDNers can address their concerns,suggestion ( if any) instead depending / writing in other's threads, whcih was not created for this purpose.

Note: Your "sign" is missing in your replies.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there is a specific forum for this where members can post their views to improve the forum in a better way.

[Forum: Suggestions and Comments |;

Hope you should be aware of this area.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I am.

But never posted any.

Understood that SDN doesnt encourage module specific "Moderator's forum".

Thanks..,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant

First of all taxes will be redetremined in billing if in VTFL price type is taken accordingly, otherwise even taxes can be copied from sales order. If taxes redetermination is set in copy control, then system checks pricing date control in V/06. If again this is also blank then first priority would be to service renedered date and second to pricing date.

Pricing date would be taken from sales order only, You can change control of tax condition in V/06 and can take either A, C or E.

Thanks

Shuktiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shuktiz,

Thanks for your details Explanation, and this is what I was looking for which cleared my concept.

In Copy Control the Pricing Type is G, so the system will go for the Pricing Date in V/06. Here it is Blank i.e Standard (KOMK-PRSTD; tax and rebate KOMK-FBUDA).

I am just not cleared how the first priority will be given to service renedered and second to Pricing date? is this a standard behaviour of SAP if the Pricing Date in V/06 is blank?

I really appreciate the accuracy and the depth you have answered me in this issue.

Many thanks

Prashant Ranalkar