cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want the mouse behave the same way as a tab key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using abap webdynpro. one of my requirements to automatically put the user in insert mode on numeric fields. That is when the user clicks in a numeric field we want the field to be highlighted. As soon as the user types something in the field we want the field to be cleared so that the user overwrites the data. Basically we want the mouse behave the same way as a tab key. highlight the field and clear it as soon as you start typing.

is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned this is not possible.

however, I would be wary of trying to overcome a standard functionality "deficiency " like this by implementing an island. If you take this path - all your custom applications will behave differently from the SAP standard ones - which is not really an ideal situation.

Instead, add your concern to the sticky at the top of this forum - the functionality to "clear" a field (or select all on field on entry which is what is happening with the tab selection) might be added in future releases.

I think however, that you'll find that the "select all on tab" behaviour is an browser "functionality" rather than anything specifically that SAP has implemented - if you try using a different browser, you may not find the same thing happening (although with the browsers I've checked it does).

The same thing happens with any HTML forms - just try yourself. e.g.[external site with details on HTML forms and input fields|http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp]

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.

I think that the "select all on tab" behavior is also in R/3 as I had a client you want that functionality when they moved to a field.

I don't think I will be implementing an island. I just have to come up with a different solutions to what they want to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how would flash Island help me?

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because with Flash technology you will be more flexible regarding the user interface. All you described is possible with Flash.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, it is not possible....

Think about Flash Island it should answer your requirement.

Regards