cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Plugin upgrade to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to replace SAP/R3 server and will perform plug in upgrade for GTS 7.1

HOWEVER, Our GTS system still remain 2.0 and please kindly confirm whether GTS applications would surely work on the new environment or not.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Noone will confirm that to you, not even SAP. We currently have a constellation where we work with the Plugin of GTS 3.0 providing data to GTS 8.0 and that works flawlessly. The other way around, Im not sure. Aspecially since there are some new functionnalities in the new Plugin. You'd have to test. But make sure to approach SAP because you might have a support issue. Most likely SAP will not support this.

Personally... I would not recommend it.

Regards, Marc

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Junko,

Marc is right, we would not support this.

Anyhow, I am asking myself the question why you are still working with such a low GTS Release. Which is not supported anymore anyhow.

Maybe you can think about upgrading Feeder system and GTS to one of the latest Releases, e.g. GTS 8.0. They provide more functionality and stability.

Maybe something to think about.

Best regards,

Christin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I was thinking the same... Cuz when I remember the very few GTS 3.0 can do, I dare not think about what 2.0 is doning.

Christin is right, GTS became much more stable ever since the version 7.X but as you are upgrading you might even wanna think about GTS 10.0 which will come out at the end of the Year. As far aas I know SAP is still accepting Ramp-Up Customers...

GTS 8.0 has many enhancements with regards to compliance and 10.0 with regards to preferential Origin.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc and Christin

Thank you very much for your reply.

I totally agree with you but our customer does not want to pay to upgrade.

It is their problem NOT mine but I needed to confirm it. Thank you very much.