Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario for BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Good Morning,

I have 3 Materials A, B and C. A is the main Item. B and C will be the part of Material A in BOM. As per the standard SAP SD if the Item Category Group is ERLA I will have Pricing and Inventory at Main Item. If my Item Category Group is LUMF I will have Pricing and Inventory (Goods Issue) at Item Level.

As per my requirement I want to have Pricing at Header Level i.e at Material A and Inventory at Material B and C i.e in my Deivery Goods Issue should be done from B and C and not from Material A. Is this scenario possible by Customising my Item Category?. Please provide your valuable Inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Parag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Its possible. This is the reuirement from some of the clients in automobile industry.

Where they dispatch the components & pricing will be @ Main Item level.

Before configuring this, you should consider the Costs also & Controlling reports.

Byfine tuning item categories & copy controls you can achieve this.

Few of them,

- main item , item cat - should relevant for pricing & respective copy controls should be maintained from Delivery - billing

- Component item category- should not relevant for pricing, there should be any copy controls maintaiend from Delivery - Billing.

- Dispatch happen @ component level, so PGI accounting document triggers based on std cost maintained for components.

- Cumulate all the costs of components to main item. To do so, In Copy control @ item level. tick mark " Update cost" for main item item category

- In Billing, Cost will be copied from components in Main item & profit margin calculation done accordingly.

NOTE:

This should be agreed by FI, then only you can take this further.

The above input provided with normal sales scenario only. other SD functionalities need to check like Rebates/Credit Mangament/Free Goods / BOM Returns / batch management etc..,

From SD perspective, it doesnt have much impact.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD