Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance RAM with sapinst

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing SAP ERP6 SR3 ABAP only and sapinst give me the choise for the Instance RAM but it give me with a default value.

Example :

My serveur have 10G of RAM.

The sapinst propose me a value for instance ram : in my case 5119 MB.

This value, is it RAM for SAP instance only or SAP instance and the database?

Does it take the maximum possible allowed by RAM serveur?

I ask that because i have to install Content server also on the same server and i don't kno if i have to adjust the instance RAM ...

In the case i choose a value and i want to change later for adapt what is the SAP parameter name corresponding?

Thx in advance

Regards.

Edited by: BABY Fabrice on Oct 19, 2010 7:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sunny said, whatever SAPINST suggests is for the database instance and is based on the total RAM available(50% of the total RAM). You can choose the value required for ur installation(U can get more details in the pre-requisite section of the installation guide).

You can change this parameter at any point of time after the installation but it is always good to let the SAPINST set the parameters by default. Care should be taken while choosing the values for the memory parameters in order to get the optimum performance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This RAM is for database instance and database instance parameters will be set as per this value like SGA, shared memory etc. SAP by default gives around 50% of total RAM available on the instance for the database. If you want, you can change it but don't make it too less otherwise database will create problem in startup.

Thanks

Sunny