Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction on cost center object(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched the forums and while there is cost center info out there, I do not find the answer to my question.

The business has asked me to restrict access to 2 specific cost centers (77010 and 77289) The role in question has multiple transactions that check the KOSTL field. These include report S_alr_87013611 as well as KCH3 and KSB1.

I went in and restricted KOSTL in the K_CSKS object by ranges that omit the 2 cost centers. I also restricted KOSTL in the K_REPO_CCA by the same ranges.

When I run the report S_ALR_87013611, I can still see the 2 restricted cost centers. I traced it and it looks like it is checking the K_CCA object for field RESPAREA(Maintain CO_OM Responsibility Area). When I try to restrict in that object, it will not save the new values I put in, but returns to the previously entered * It lets me cancel the * and enter new values but when I close the pop up box, the new values are not in the objects.

I am getting a lot of pressure from Finance to get this done and right now I have no idea how to proceed. Can anyone offer assistance or direct me to a souce that can help me?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

These two objects are parts of two seperate concepts in CO. K_REPO_CCA (old concept) and K_CCA (new concept) are not supported to be used in parallel.

I would suggest granting * for K_REPO_CCA and for K_CCA use the standard kost center hierarchy nodes to define what they should have access to.

Ranging is not a good idea.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you taken a look at OB28 and set up a Validation that restricts the use of the two Cost Centers? I have seen this used as a way to restrict the use of specific Cost Centers.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I run the report S_ALR_87013611, I can still see the 2 restricted cost centers. I traced it and it looks like it is checking the K_CCA object for field RESPAREA(Maintain CO_OM Responsibility Area). When I try to restrict in that object, it will not save the new values I put in, but returns to the previously entered * It lets me cancel the * and enter new values but when I close the pop up box, the new values are not in the objects.

Well here may be I am saying a thing you may not like..Are you in change mode as in display mode also it will let us enter new values...Anyway just in case you can double check this.

2nd thing Julius already suggest you to use hierercky....However you can also use cost centre as well. But choose the proper controlling area and remove any other previous entry from all the 3 tabs (i.e cost center, auth hier, cost center grp)

Regards,

Arpan Paik